Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (146)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

The Fine Art of Pretending
By Rachel Harris
Release Date: September 2014
Summary: According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time. 

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.

--------------------------------------

This book sounds so cute! Not only is the cover super adorable, but from the summary it seems like Aly is going to be a relatable main character that I know I'm going to love. And I love a story where the best friends realize that they actually do have feelings for each other. Of course, things are so much more complicated in a friendship that they may want to take further when they "pretend" to date and actually really like each other. It seems like Aly and Brandon have quite the roller coaster of emotions ahead of them! 

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like one of those cute books I'll love. Thanks for sharing. I never heard of it!
    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a cute read!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard about this but i'm adding it to my TBR list. The cover is beautiful and it sounds like a fun read.
    Nemo @ Blame it on the book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this one, too! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds glorious! I love the idea of shedding the tom boy image and Operation Sex Appeal sounds hilarious!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a cute contemporary! I had never heard of this one before so thanks for sharing! Great pick!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been excited for this one for a while, sounds so cute! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome choice! This one does sound really good. I've heard great things about Rachel Harris's other YA series though I haven't read it yet.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...