Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (95)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Wild Cards
By Simone Elkeles 
Release Date: October 1, 2013
Summary: After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?





Do I really need to explain myself on this one? It's Simone Elkeles. I know I'm going to love it! But when the cover was released, I was so excited because it looks awesome! And this one has to do with football? A girl playing football? Sounds like it's going to be a great read and I don't know how I'm going to wait until October to read it!

13 comments:

  1. I like the cover, it definitely sounds like it's going to be a great book. :)

    My WoW
    :)

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been seeing this one around a lot lately! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I featured this one on my blog a few weeks ago too and then it became available on Netgalley and I got it! Haven't read it yet but am super excited too. You should see if it's still available there for review!

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good, Jessica! You're right, a lot of it has to do with the fact that it's Simon Elkeles. 'Nuff said. ;) But this one seems a little different from her other books- the guy isn't in the Fuentes family! Not sure whether to be sad or excited about that part. Nice pick! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/blog-tour-sign-upkaleidoscope-by-mindy.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's on NetGalley! I think it still is. I got it from NetGalley, but I've never read anything by Simone Elkeles, so I probably don't have the same level of excitement as you! I hope you get to read it early :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO looking forward to Wild Cards too. The cover is gorgeous and I can't wait to see where Simone Elkeles brings us next! :D
    Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I excited to read this one too! I love Simone Elkeles and football so win win for me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of her books, but I think I have one? People seem to love her stuff so many I should read it soon!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, can't believe I haven't seen this before! You can't go wrong with Simone Elkeles...definitely putting this in my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been looking forward to reading this for SO long. I actually got an arc on NetGalley and I can't wait to read it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice! I've heard great things about Simone Elkeles's Perfect Chemistry series though I haven't read it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...