Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads


This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Beach Reads

My family and I go to the beach for vacation every year, and it's absolutely glorious. I always have to make sure to pack a ton of books, though, because reading on the beach is one of my favorite activities to do while I'm there. We aren't going until the end of July, though, so I have awhile to pick out the books I'd love to read on the beach. When choosing my books, I tend to pick more light, fun ones. So, I decided to compile a list of books that I've read that I would have definitely taken on the beach with me if I haven't done so already. Okay! Here we go...


1. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
2. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
3. Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald


4. One Day by David Nicholls
5. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
6. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris


7. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
8. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
9. Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock


10. Thoughtless by SC Stephens

15 comments:

  1. I read a lot of Sookies last summer and they are indeed a nice pick when you do not want books that are to heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something Borrowed is on my list too! Loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Day is on of my favourite books but I'm not sure if it really is a good and easy beach read! It's such a sad and beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting Over Garrett Delaney is definitely a good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I think I started Dairy Queen on audiobook over a car trip and didn't finish it. I should get it again. I'm intrigued by a lot of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read the S.C.Stephens series but I haven't had a chance. The whole teacher premise of "Slammed" squicks me out but maybe at some point I'll read it. I just have issues with that premise. Great list.

    Tsuki’s TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading at the beach, although when I go with my family they just don't let my read. So, even though I want to, I never get a lot of reading done at the beach :(
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Dairy Queen on my TBR shelf and I think I'm going to bring that for my vacation later this summer. Sophie Kinsella books are always great beach reads! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Something Borrowed and pretty much everything Sophie Kinsella writes. I still need to read Getting Over. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I love Sophie Kinsella and Emily Giffin! Something Borrowed would be perfect to read at the beach!! Also I've always wanted to read Dairy Queen, but I keep foregetting about it. I'll have to look for it next time I go to the library :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the Sookie Stackhouse books are great! Same with Nicholas Sparks! :)
    Great post


    Don’t forget to stop by my blog to enter my $100 Blogoversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to start reading Sophie Kinsella books. They are meant to be brilliant! Great list here.
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read One Day! I've had it for over a year, and really need to read it. The Summer I Turned Pretty was on my list too, and The Last Song looks like a good summer read too. Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list!
    I really want to read Garrett Delaney. It's great you have The Summer I Turned Pretty on there. It's perfect for the beach!
    Happy Reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved The Last Song! Book and movie, even. The story was SO heartbreaking. And I've always wanted to read Dairy Queen - those books have got to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...