Sunday, June 30, 2013

Book Review: Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Bared to You
By Sylvia Day
Release Date: June 12, 2012
Source: Own Copy
Summary: Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...


Review: I know, I know. This book came a year ago and the third book is coming out soon, but hey, at least I finally got to it! I've heard so much hype surrounding Sylvia Day and her steamy Crossfire books, so I couldn't wait for the chance to finally read Bared to You and see what the fuss was all about. 

From the very first moment she laid eyes on Gideon Cross, Eva cannot get the powerful, sexy man out of her mind. Who was he and how could someone possibly be that gorgeous? After learning he is, in fact, the owner of the company she's now working for, Eva doesn't think there's a chance of anything happening. Add on the fact that Gideon isn't afraid to tell her exactly how bad he wants her too, and Eva isn't sure she can handle such a powerful, up front guy. But as they spend more time together and discover they share more demons than they think, Eva finds herself opening up to Gideon and is forced to decide just how many emotions she can handle before things get too dangerous. 

I knew very little about the actual storyline going into this book, so I was pleasantly surprised with how sweet, yet powerful Gideon was throughout the book. I hate books where the guy goes on a power trip with the girl and walks all over her. In Bared to You, Gideon holds some power, but he really cares about Eva and she doesn't let Gideon get away with crap other girls would. She's such a strong character with a damaged past, which I think made her so vulnerable and such a likable character to read about. And Gideon shows a soft side too, and who doesn't like a little vulnerability in a man now and then?

While the physical side of the relationship was definitely there, at times the chemistry or real life side of the relationship was missing. Their getting together happened so fast that I kind of missed the huge chemistry that Eva said she was feeling. Then, there were times where I wished there was more substance to their relationship beyond the physical and just talking to each other. I wish they did more stuff out in the real world as opposed to having these ups and downs they continuously talked about. So I would have enjoyed more of an active plot line along with the development of their relationship. 

Overall, Bared to You was an enjoyable read. While it wasn't as fantastic as I was expecting, it was still a good story backed up by really great writing from Sylvia Day. I really liked the characters and how they were all independent, especially Eva. I really wasn't a big fan of Cary, Eva's roommate, and how messed up he was, but other than that the other side stories added more intrigue to the story as a whole. If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out Sylvia Day's Crossfire series. You're in for a pretty good romance with a very yummy man to enjoy.


3 comments:

  1. Great review! I read this when it first came out with all the hype! I liked Gideon, but I didn't like Eva much, especially near the end when she ran out! She's too needy and insecure for me. I heard the series got extended to 5 books, but I haven't read the 2nd one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect site for downloading apps in mobiles free of cost ,nice blog Agen Poker | bolatangkas online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sharing such a awesome novel. This will become my second lusty novel. Recently I purchase and Download Mister Tonight PDF eBook and read the novel it was really a awesome lusty story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...