Saturday, June 29, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (56)


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers share what they got throughout the week!

From Used Bookstores

I honestly should not be buying books while I'm in London, but I just can't help it! I discovered this little strip of three bookshops right outside of Chinatown where they sell used books at each store. How could you expect me to go to a used book store and NOT buy something? But I did limit myself! I think the first book looks so adorable and I'm really excited to read something inspired by Jane Austen. The second book I actually got for free from outside of a library while I was walking around with my friend. Now I know I can't say no to free books! Then, I found Gone With the Wind for only 90p in the basement of one of the bookshops. I've always wanted to read it, so now that I have a copy maybe I finally will! I'm surprised I managed to keep my stack to three books because there were so many books being sold for only one pound that it was so hard to resist! But I had to be realistic and I do not want to pay overweight baggage fees for the trip home. So three books it is :)

From Netgalley

Words can't even begin to describe how excited I am for this book. I saw on Facebook that Colleen Hoover posted Losing Hope was on Netgalley. After having a mini freak out, I went straight to Netgalley and downloaded a copy. I read Hopeless last week and completely fell in love with the story, and now I have the second book! Yay! I can't wait to get into this one and see what's in store for Holder and Sky!



That's it for me! What did you all add to your stacks this week?

9 comments:

  1. Goodness, Gone With the Wind is one of my very favorites! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and those book stores sound amazing!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhhh!!! Losing Hope! I'm still waiting for it to be approved. Awesome stack! :D

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT LOSING HOPE WAS ON NETGALLEY?!

    I literally just went and requested it.

    Hope you enjoy all of your books!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read "Hopeless" first...

    Well happy reading!

    Tsuki's STS/Weekly Wrap-Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about Collen Hoover's books. Hope you love it!

    ~Sydney@Pika Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, how well you restrained yourself in the used bookstores!
    Take advantage of them whilst you're in London I say! I lived in the city for 20 years and never stepped foot in one, shameful to admit, I know. I'm kicking myself now that I've moved away to a village where I'm lucky to find a bookstore, let alone of the second hand variety!
    Some great looking reads.

    My Book Bubble

    ReplyDelete
  8. must say that overall I am really impressed with this blog. It is easy to see that you are passionate about your writing. If only I had your writing ability I look forward to more updates and will be returning
    bandar agen bola | M88bet

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, you are good, i like your post and i still waiting our next post!
    Foto memek tante sange disodok keponakan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...