Friday, June 7, 2013

Follow My Book Blog Friday (90)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question: Have you ever broken up with a series? If so, which one and why? 

Answer:

I read both of these series in high school, but they're never ending! So by the time I caught up with the end of the series and had to wait around for a new one to come out (because there was always a new book to come out...), I would simply forget about it. Don't get me wrong, these both are really really great reads, but it's hard to keep up with all of the new releases! I eventually stopped picking them up when the new one came out, then I got a couple behind, so I ended up stopping all together. Maybe I'll pick up the end of the Private series sometime so that I can figure out how everything ended. I know that the Morganville Vampires is still going strong, but I'm so far behind on that one, I'd need a good chunk of time to dedicate to that series. Who knows, maybe I'll finish them eventually!

5 comments:

  1. I've certainly heard good things about the Morganville vampires and you're right, sometimes it is quite hard to catch up if you've missed out on reading a few.. Never Heard of the Private series though.

    Do drop by my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not familiar with the Private series either. I kept debating about the Morganville Vampires for years and now that it's had sooo many books I can't see myself starting it. Plus I had read like the first chapter of book 1 online at Rachel's site and just didn't get into enough to want to read the rest.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first Morganville Vampire book and I liked it. Unfortunately, my library only had the first book and I didn't purchase the rest of the series.
    I've seen the Private series in my local used bookstore and I was intrigued, but thought it was too young for me. I totally judged it based off of the cover, though.

    Old follower!
    Here's my Feature and Follow Friday Post
    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Morganville Vampires series - I think it actually gets better and better with each book! The characters grow, the storylines are different, and the next book (#14!!) will be the last.

    I get what you mean completely, though, sometimes, it's daunting to start a series that others have been reading for a long time. Other times, it's really a blessing, because it means you can line up all the books and just read them :)

    I'm an old Bloglovin' follower, here's my FF post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't started either series yet but sorry they didn't keep your interest.

    Happy Friday! follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-51.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...