Sunday, July 24, 2016

Book Review: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

It Ends With Us
By Colleen Hoover
Release Date: August 2, 2016
Source: Publisher @ ALA
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository
Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up. She graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, and maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant and has a total soft spot for Lily; and the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head, but Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his no dating rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan, her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

With this bold and deeply personal novel Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all too human characters, “It Ends with Us” is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.
 

I love Colleen Hoover. Everyone who knows me online and in real life knows that CoHo is my homegirl. So when I got an ARC of this book at ALA, I was almost on the verge of tears. I could not even believe that I had this book in my hands. Needless to say, the moment I landed from Orlando, I picked up this book and did not put it down until I was finished. 

Lily has worked hard for her life, moving from Maine to Boston and working towards opening her own business. When she meets a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle, Lily couldn't imagine her life being any better. Ryle is not a relationship guy and is determined to live his life a bachelor until the end, but something about Lily makes him change his rule. As the two enter a whirlwind relationship, Lily begins to question her choices, her life, and who she really is as a person. 

Wow. Just. Wow. I did not know what to think, feel, or even do when I finished this book. I follow Colleen Hoover all over social media, so I knew that this book was her most emotional and the one that she put most of herself into. I do not want to give anything away in this book (trust me, it's best to go in blind), but I can say that this was the most emotional book that I have ever read. EVER. I cried in this book and, if you know me, I rarely cry in books. The relationships in this book were so raw, so real, and so emotional. This really makes you think about what it means to really love someone and how much of yourself you give in a relationship. 

I really can't say anything else without giving anything more away. All I can say is that when you pick this book up, be prepared. Thinking about it, I do think that this is my favorite CoHo book to date. And seeing as I LOVE Maybe Someday, that's saying something. I loved Lily's character, her ambition, her drive, and her fierceness, but I also her vulnerability and her ability to let herself crumble and acknowledge that she really doesn't have everything figured out. It Ends With Us is a must read for EVERYONE and, when you do pick it up, park yourself on the couch with hours of uninterrupted reading time ahead of you and a box of tissues on hand. Trust me, you're going to need them.



1 comment:

  1. Wow what a wonderful post. I think moving from Maine to Boston and working towards opening her own business. When she meets a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle, Lily couldn't imagine her life being any better.I'm working in resume writing service Ryle is not a relationship guy and is determined to live his life a bachelor until the end, but something about Lily makes him change his rule.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...