Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (36)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 

When You Were Mine
By Rebecca Serle
Release Date: May 1, 2012
Summary: In this intensely romantic, modern recounting of the greatest love story ever told, Romeo’s original intended—Juliet’s cousin Rosaline—tells her side of the tale. What’s in a name, Shakespeare? I’ll tell you: Everything.     Rosaline knows that she and Rob are destined to be together. Rose has been waiting for years for Rob to kiss her—and when he finally does, it’s perfect. But then Juliet moves back to town. Juliet, who used to be Rose’s best friend. Juliet, who now inexplicably hates her. Juliet, who is gorgeous, vindictive, and a little bit crazy...and who has set her sights on Rob. He doesn’t even stand a chance.     Rose is devastated over losing Rob to Juliet. This is not how the story was supposed to go. And when rumors start swirling about Juliet’s instability, her neediness, and her threats of suicide, Rose starts to fear not only for Rob’s heart, but also for his life. Because Shakespeare may have gotten the story wrong, but we all still know how it ends…. 


I seriously cannot wait for this one. I love any modern retellings of classics, and Romeo and Juliet? One of my favorite tragic love stories ever! Haha, but seriously. This sounds so good! Who would have thought to tell the story from Rosaline's side? I'm so excited to see how it goes! And I absolutely love the cover. You know what the most exciting part is? I'm getting an ARC of this book! Ahhhhh I was so excited when the publisher contacted me that I literally got up and did a little jig. Then, I figured out that the screenwriters for 500 Days of Summer are the screenwriters for the movie of this book! And Lily Collins might play the lead role! So I'm even MORE excited (if that's even possible) to read a copy of this book! Hopefully my copy comes soon!!! I'm not sure how much longer I can wait!


20 comments:

  1. Hey :) I'm a new follower and just wanted to drop by and say HI! Great choice... I'm adding it to my TBR list. Congrats on the ARC!! I'll tune in to read your review :)

    My WoW

    Thanks!!
    -Riya

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, you're so lucky dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of that one! Glad you're getting the ARC! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this one from the publisher on GalleyGrab the other day! Sounds really good, doesn't it? :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really great! I will have to add to my TBR :)

    Great pick! I hope you get your copy soon so you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Doodle @ Doodle's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. When You Were Mine sounds so awesome! Definitely adding this to my TBR pile! And OMG, I HEART your blog! Very Tumblr-ish. Totally love it=D Great pick!

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, this sounds so awesome! I love how the story's been flipped around ;o Great pick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I haven't heard of When You Were Mine before, but I love retellings and this sounds really good. I'll have to check it out!
    And lucky you for getting an ARC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so good! I'm definitely looking forward to reading it now. I'm adding it to my TBR now. Congrats on getting an ARC!

    Thank you for stopping by today. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great cover! This one sounds really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome pick! And congrats on getting an ARC of this. I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to your review of it!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    New Follower :)
    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I've seen this title and cover around, but I had no idea what the story was about. Romeo and Juliet is one of my favourite Shakespeare plays, so I am DEFINITELY going to have to check this out. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I've seen this one around and I must get it! I would love to read if it's a good Romeo and Juliet re-telling!
    ------
    Giselle @ booknerd.ca
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems like an awesome book :D I hope you'll love it ;) Great pick :)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited for this one,too! I love all the reimagined stories going around YA right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, I absolutely love the premise of this one! There's a book called Romeo's Ex, which is about Rosaline, which I've always wanted to read. A modern retelling sounds great, although I'm a bit worried about how this one is going to treat the character of Juliet. However, I loved the movie 500 Days of Summer, so I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this one sounds good. It's definitely going on my to-read list. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh adding this to my to-read list :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...