Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Book Review: Fateful by Claudia Gray

Fateful
By Claudia Gray
Release Date: September 13, 2011
Summary: When 17-year-old Tess Davies, a ladies' maid, meets handsome Alec Marlow aboard the RMS "Titanic," she quickly becomes entangled in the dark secrets of his past, but her growing love puts her in mortal peril even before fate steps in.


Review: I have been obsessed with the Titanic ever since elementary school when I would do every single project on the ship, so I was so excited when I picked this up from the library. A paranormal Titanic romance? What could be better? And as I got into the story, I knew I was about to fall in love with the unsinkable ship all over again! 

This time period is so amazing; with the rich people who have elegant dresses and servants waiting on them hand and foot. I loved how this book was told through the view point of Tess, who's a servant to a high-class family who's almost broke but trying to stay in the upper levels of society. I loved Tess from the start and wanted her to find her dreams once she reached America. Bet she didn't except to fall in love with a handsome, dashing werewolf! 

The paranormal element to this made Fateful so unique and addicting that I hated having to put this book down to go to class. Alec, the werewolf, changes every single night against his will and only the big bad werewolves of the Brotherhood hold the power to give Alec the ability to control his changes. There is a suspenseful aspect added onto the paranormal abilities of Alec that make this book heart pumping and just plain awesome. 

One of the best parts of this book, though, was the romance. Not only was there romance between Alec and Tess, but there were also two or three other couples who found romance aboard the Titanic. I loved this part because, as a HUGE fan of romance, I love seeing so many people find that one person that makes life worth living for. 

So basically this book was awesome. There were so many emotions with Tess before and during the sinking of the Titanic and my eyes were glued to the pages. If you're a YA paranormal fan, or even a YA romance fan, pick up this book! You won't want to put it down!


4 comments:

  1. Great review!! I'm gonna pick it up when I go to the library next :) Thanks!

    -Riya :)

    The Teen Book Guru

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously had no interest in reading this book until I read this. Great review and I think I might have to pick this book up from Barnes and Noble.

    The Titanic<3

    And I like the new blog look, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there :) just popping in...
    I've heard this is such a good book by quite a few people. I have it on my TBR pile ready to go. Great review!

    Book Enslaved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I have heard a few favourable reviews, I'm a little wary of this book as I really disliked Evernight, but great review :)

    Nicole's Library

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...