Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday (191)



This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Emmy & Oliver
By Robin Benway
Release Date: June 23, 2015
Summary: Emmy’s best friend, Oliver, reappears after being kidnapped by his father ten years ago. Emmy hopes to pick up their relationship right where it left off. Are they destined to be together? Or has fate irreparably driven them apart?

Emmy just wants to be in charge of her own life.

She wants to stay out late, surf her favorite beach—go anywhere without her parents’ relentless worrying. But Emmy’s parents can’t seem to let her grow up—not since the day Oliver disappeared.

Oliver needs a moment to figure out his heart.

He’d thought, all these years, that his dad was the good guy. He never knew that it was his father who kidnapped him and kept him on the run. Discovering it, and finding himself returned to his old hometown, all at once, has his heart racing and his thoughts swirling.

Emmy and Oliver were going to be best friends forever, or maybe even more, before their futures were ripped apart. In Emmy’s soul, despite the space and time between them, their connection has never been severed. But is their story still written in the stars? Or are their hearts like the pieces of two different puzzles—impossible to fit together?

Readers who love Sarah Dessen will tear through these pages with hearts in throats as Emmy and Oliver struggle to face the messy, confusing consequences of Oliver’s father’s crime. Full of romance, coming-of-age emotion, and heartache, these two equally compelling characters create an unforgettable story.


---------------------------------

Whoa. How emotional does this book sound? Could you even imagine knowing someone who was kidnapped and has just returned after 10 years? Poor Emmy sounds like she's had to deal with a lot since Oliver disappeared. I can't wait to see how their relationship forms and what they go through together when Oliver returns. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I do hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Kidnap? That alone grabbed my attention. I'm curious about their emotions and how they pick up from there. Great pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! I love Robin Benway, too. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for so long to read this! I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Pick!! This one is already on my TBR list as well. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-saint-anything-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I've been pumped to read this one for quite a while now. It sounds so good! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...