Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (1)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 


Chain Reaction 
by Simone Elkeles 
Release Date: August 16th
Summary: Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill. 

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules. 

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?


I honestly can't wait for Chain Reaction to come out! I loved all of Simone Elkeles's books and I've read Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction more than once because they were soooo good! There's just something about the Fuentes guys that I just can't get enough of. Good thing there's only two weeks until this books comes out! Can't wait! 

What is everyone else waiting for? Please share! 


31 comments:

  1. I've heard of this author, but extreme romance isn't my thing. (At least, from the steamy cover, I'm assuming this is a romance.) :p I do love the characters' names, though.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of her books, but I know that a lot of people absolutely love them. Thanks for sharing & visiting The Bookish Babes blog!
    I became a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I love Elkeles and am excited about this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone else has this too. I must check it out! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really looking forward to this too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for this book! Every week I nearly choose that for my WoW pick. It's going to be great! And that cover? Oh man, I can't wait. Great pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds good. Thanks for introducing me to it. Love the cover too. As for me, I'm waiting on Jill Sorenson's latest romantic suspense to come out. She'a an author in my romance writer's group and I really enjoy her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everybody seems to be waiting for this one, I need to read Rules of Attraction, I just got it this week. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jessica! :) I see we were both inspired by Peace Love and Books huh? LOL.

    OOO, I love a book where we get to break rules. Sounds fun. I am not familiar with this author but I shall go ahead and add it to my goodreads.

    New follower

    Take Care

    -Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I actually need to read this whole series. I've heard nothing but great things about the books. If you've re-read them, they must be full of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the first one of this series, and it was really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this one for my WoW post today too :) I can't wait to read it!

    -Sarah @ Y.A. Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic choice - this was mine a few weeks ago! I cannot wait for this to be released! Not long now!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Amy @ Turn the Page

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen books by this author arounf but never read one. This looks really good...
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seeing a lot of this one today!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These books have the sexiest covers.

    GReat choice!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE these books!great pick:)
    thanks for checking out my wow.
    - tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like a good book. I haven't read the previous ones yet.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ~Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by and welcome to the WoW meme! This is a fun series and I'm liking that cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic choice! I love this series!!
    - Morgan @ Once Upon a Reader

    ReplyDelete
  21. i've seen this one around so much, i thought it was already out!!! i really need to read this series it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice pick! Thanks for stopping by the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. this sounds like a great book i havent heard of it before.
    thanks for sharing

    melissa @just one opinion

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've yet to read any of these books, but I'm thinking I should; I've heard great things! Nice pick =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't read these yet but I so need to! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really love Simone Elkes, but I feel like I've already read this story twice now. I'm definitely going to read it (probably devour it just like the other two) but I do wish she'd write something else for me to devour.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm soooo ready for this book! It's on top of my must have list. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved Perfect Chemistry, I'm sure this will be amazing too... great choice!
    Thank you for stopping by, happy reading!
    -Eleonora

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wooooo, is that cover steamy or what? Great pick! I'm really interested to see what this book's like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cover. This one sounds like an intense installment to a good series.
    Thanks for visiting my WoW!
    ~ Monique @ AsianCocoa's Secret Garden

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...