Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Author Interview: KC Blake

I am very honored and excited to announce that today I have an interview with KC Blake, author of Crushed! Her book recently came out, so she's here to share a little bit about Crushed! 




What three words would you use to describe "Crushed"?
Fun... Magical... Twisted.

How did you get the idea to write about teen witches? 
Well, vampires and werewolves are everywhere, so I talked to my agent about it.  We decided that a teen witch book would be a nice change.  Then I asked myself what would I do if I was a teen girl with powers, and I came to the conclusion that I would want to play games using my powers. 

If you could be one character from your book, who would you be and why? 
I’d be Kristen Noah.  I love her spunk and how she does things that most girls might think about doing but wouldn’t dare.  She stands up for herself and her sisters.  I think she’s a bit shallow when the story first starts, but she grows as a person.  Even though she is afraid sometimes, she plunges ahead.  She’s my kind of girl.

Why writing? Have you always loved it or is it something new? 
I started writing when I was twelve, and I’ve never looked back.  It’s been my obsession for years.  I was published with Harlequin, but I didn’t like editors tearing apart my work and changing my titles.  I had an agent for Vampires Rule and for Crushed, but she couldn’t find a publisher.  Every time an editor showed interest, there was something they didn’t like about the book and wanted changed.  I thank God every day that someone came up with the idea of Indie Publishing.  Now I can control my own destiny, make my own covers, and write the books that I want to write. 

What are your inspirations when you write? When you get stuck, what do you do? 
I listen to music a lot.  For the sexy red dress scene in this book, I listened to Lady in Red while writing it.  I use different songs for different scenes.  I also pray when I get stuck, and sometimes I’ll actually dream about what needs to happen next.  It’s pretty cool.

What do you do when you're not writing? 
Wow, when you asked that question, it made me realize that I’m almost always writing these days.  I’m a teacher, and it’s summer so I’m trying to get a lot accomplished before school starts up again.  During the year I teach little kids to read at a private school.  I also love to read, of course, and I spend a lot of time on sites like Goodreads.  Then I have my blog to work on.  If anyone is interested in seeing my blog, it is here:  http://kasi-kcblake.blogspot.com

What is your favorite book/author and why? 
This is a really hard question.  I love so many books.  Right now I am reading City of Glass.  Cassandra Clare is one of my fav authors.  I also love Stephen King and J. K. Rowling to just name a few.

What's next?
I am currently editing Werewolves Rule which is the second book of the Rule Series following Vampires Rule.  Then I am going to work on the second witch-game book.  Each witch-game book has different characters and a different game.  The next one, Witch Hunt, has teen witches playing a dangerous game of hide n seek using their powers.  It should be out late this year. 


Crushed by KC Blake

Summary: The Noah sisters rule Titan High with their beauty, brains, and magical powers. 

Each year they play a secret game: Crushed. The girls pick their targets carefully and blow enchanted dust into the boy’s faces, charming them, but this year Kristen makes a grave mistake. She chooses the wrong boy and almost dies that same day. Coincidence? Maybe. 

But something isn’t quite right about Zach Bevian. He doesn’t behave like a boy who’s been Crushed. He goes from hot to cold, from looking at her with contempt to asking her out on a date. She doesn’t know what to think. Does he hate her or is he truly falling for her? Is he trying to kill her, or is he trying to save her?





I want to thank KC Blake so much for being here at Peace Love Books today!! For more information on KC, check out her blog! You can find more information on Crushed here: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...