Saturday, August 20, 2011

Shelf Candy (3)


Shelf Candy is a meme hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews and every Saturday, bloggers choose a book whose cover really catches their eye. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I always do, so I'm choosing books whose cover alone made me pick it up. So I hope you enjoy my shelf candy!



I really really love this cover. The girl wrapped up in the purple, lying on a purple background, really makes it look like she's "Bleeding Violet." And it just looks so interesting! It makes you wonder, what is bleeding violet? You have no idea what the story is about, yet you still want to read it because the cover is pretty awesome. Then, the little quote in red that says "Crazy never looked so beautiful" intrigues you even more. So she's crazy? I don't know! Guess you'd just have to read the book to see what the awesome cover really means. 



2 comments:

  1. What a great post! You captured what every reader might feel when they pick up Bleeding Violet for the first time. I am going to find more about this title myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the many reasons I picked up the first Harry Potter book was the cover art. It's very artistic and intriguing and just plain pretty. I was disappointed the movies didn't look anything like the book art. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...