Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (119)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

And We Stay
By Jenny Hubbard
Release Date: January 28, 2014
Summary: When high school senior Paul Wagoner walks into his school library with a stolen gun, he threatens his girlfriend Emily Beam, then takes his own life. In the wake of the tragedy, an angry and guilt-ridden Emily is shipped off to boarding school in Amherst, Massachusetts, where she encounters a ghostly presence who shares her name. The spirit of Emily Dickinson and two quirky girls offer helping hands, but it is up to Emily to heal her own damaged self.

This inventive story, told in verse and in prose, paints the aftermath of tragedy as a landscape where there is good behind the bad, hope inside the despair, and springtime under the snow.


-------------------------------------

Wow, does this one sound serious or what? But knowing Jenny Hubbard's previous books, it's bound to be emotional and amazing. And it's told in verse and prose? I wonder how that's going to turn out! All I know is that I better be in the mood for a serious book before I read this one. And to be prepared to hopefully love it!

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of her books, but this sounds really good. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/11/waiting-on-wednesday-breakable-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of Jenny's books, but from the summary it seems like an interesting book.

    Rosa last published... Book Lovers' Holiday Gift Guide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choice. I haven't gotten to around reading this author, but it does sound good.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one yet. Nice pick.
    http://www.alwaysyaatheart.com/2013/11/waiting-on-wednesday-112713-out-of-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cover and this sounds so good! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one around and love the cover. Nice pick :)

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of this one! Hope you love it when you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Iamerinelizabeth.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  9. I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

    Ignitiondeck.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...