Friday, November 15, 2013

Follow My Book Blog Friday (111)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question: Are there any book to movie adaptations where you think the movie is better than the book? 

Answer: Ooooh this is such a good question! Normally, I always LOVE the book way more than the movie. But there are two books that come to mind where I actually liked the movie more than the book. They are


These two are probably my favorite movies ever, so I had super high expectations for the books. I think the fact that I saw the movie and then read the book played into me enjoying the movie more. I had certain expectations of the characters and the stories that did not meet up to how amazing the movie portrayed them. The books just didn't give me the same warm and fuzzy feeling the movies do. I could watch the movies over and over and over again (and I do, trust me), but I don't have the urge to read the books over and over again. Colin Firth and Hugh Grant could have a little bit to do with that in regards to Bridget Jones's Diary….but who could blame me ;) 



And we can't forget Bridget's impeccable rendition of "All By Myself" that completely makes the movie…


Yeah, that pretty much seals the deal :)

11 comments:

  1. Nice! Totally forgot The Princess Bride! Although the book was pretty good I still have to go with the movie!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved those movies, so I don't think I can read the books now. LOL Old follower :)

    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/?p=2245

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Bridget Jones' Diary so long before the movie was released I didn't remember a lot of things, but I agree that the movie was really well done!

    Have a great weekend :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I'm a weird person who's never read the Princess Bride and only seen it once. I liked it but I can't quote it like most people.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Bridget Jones's Diary, but I agree with you on The Princess Bride, the movie seemed better put together

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually have never read Princess Bride, I should, but I'm pretty happy with the movie version myself! Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Bridget Jones's Diary so much and The Princess Bride is one of my all time favorites. But I never read either book so I can't make a comparison. Old Bloglovin' follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only seen the Princess Bride, not read it, nor have I read Bridget Jone's Diary, but nice picks!

    New Follower via Bloglovin'
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA great picks! I loved Briget Jones's Diary, but I've not read the book. My F&FF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read Bridget Jones before seeing the movie so I was happy with both. I haven't read The Princess Bride yet, but I love the movie! Old follower.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never read The Bridget Jones books but I've seen the movie countless times and that's the way I identify it! I think I would prefer the movie as well if it were to come down to it aha

    New follower via GFC :)

    www.moodylions.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...