Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (117)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

No One Else Can Have You
By Kathleen Hale
Release Date: January 7, 2014
Summary: Small towns are nothing if not friendly. Friendship, Wisconsin (population: 688) is no different. Around here, everyone wears a smile. And no one ever locks their doors. Until, that is, high school sweetheart Ruth Fried is found murdered. Strung up like a scarecrow in the middle of a cornfield.

Unfortunately, Friendship’s police are more adept at looking for lost pets than catching killers. So Ruth’s best friend, Kippy Bushman, armed with only her tenacious Midwestern spirit and Ruth’s secret diary (which Ruth’s mother had asked her to read in order to redact any, you know, sex parts), sets out to find the murderer. But in a quiet town like Friendship—where no one is a suspect—anyone could be the killer.


-------------------------------------

I'm not normally one for scary stories, but this one just sounds too good to pass up on. Who's the killer? What does Ruth's diary have to say about her death? Oh, and isn't that cover so cool? Haha, for some reason I absolutely love it. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this one when it comes out!

7 comments:

  1. That one does sound interesting! Glad I am not the only entertained by the cover! It's just too funny!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice. I can't wait to read this! It sounds awesome.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds really good. I love a good murder mystery every now and then. You don't see that very often in YA. Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/11/waiting-on-wednesday-evertrue-by-brodi.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is on my list as well. Thanks for sharing.

    my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/come-to-me-quietly/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome and I love that cover!!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely want to read this one - and the rest of Harper's impressive Winter 2014 titles! This one sounds creepy cool. AND, Kathleen is fantastic! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh! I'm all for murder mysteries. :) Love the sound of this!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...