Saturday, November 23, 2013

Movie Review: About Time


Summary: At the age of 21, Tim discovers he can travel in time and change what happens and has happened in his own life. His decision to make his world a better place by getting a girlfriend turns out not to be as easy as you might think.

Review: Oh my gosh. This movie. Love, Actually and Notting Hill are probably my favorite two movies of all time, so it's really no surprise that this movie, from the same creator, is now added to that list of favorites. I absolutely loved it!

When he turns 21, Tim's dad shares with him a secret all of the men in their family have been living with- they can time travel. While Tim's dad has been using his gift to read all of the books he can, Tim knows that love is what really matters in his life. And when he meets Mary, an awkward yet beautiful girl, Tim can feel she's the one. But Tim soon finds his powers can't help everyone, and he has to make choices of who to save, and who to let succumb to the life they've made.

I mean seriously, how could a movie be this gosh darn perfect? I absolutely LOVED everything about it. The first part that I loved would have to be the setting. I lived in London for 6 weeks this past summer, so watching a movie that takes place in that mesmerizing city was so nostalgic. I wanted to hop on a plane back to England and never, ever leave. During parts of the film, Tim lived at home in Cornwall, which is so different from the city yet incredibly beautiful. It was great being able to see both sides of English life.

Now onto Tim. Wonderful, awkward, adorable Tim. The quirkiness of Tim's personality was just so lovable and even though he had the ability to time travel and fix his mistakes, he really isn't a perfect person. It was so sweet how all Tim wanted was somebody to love and the way his relationship with Mary turned out was so cute. Tim is definitely a character that everyone can relate to, and fall in love with as he grows up and finds love.

While Tim's main goal was to find love, Tim discovered so much more about life and family as he grew up in the movie. This is so much more than a romance, but about Tim's entire life. Tim goes through so many trials and life lessons, and you get to be right with him every step of the way.

I don't know how much more I can say other than I absolutely loved this movie. The moment it comes out on DVD, you can bet I'm buying myself a copy and watching it over and over and over again. If you love those quirky British movies (Bridget Jones's Diary, Love, Actually, or Notting Hill), then you're going to fall in love with this time-traveling romance. So go out and see it now! A quirky, adorable time traveler is just waiting to sweep you off your feet.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, sometimes I missed hearing about this movie - and it totally sounds right up my alley! I will definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Thank you for sharing. This movie been on my radar, and I also absolutely love these quirky British love stories, and then you add time travel - sold! I haven't had a chance to go see it at the movie theater, but I will definitely watch - it sounds perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...