This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!
This Week's Topic: Top Ten Blogging Confessions
1. I fall asleep reading almost every night. I always tell myself that I will be able to stay up and read 100 pages at night and end up reading about 10 pages before falling asleep. I'll wake up around 1 am with my lamp still on, so I put my book on my bookshelf, turn off my lamp, and then fall back asleep. I could get so much more reading done if I didn't fall asleep, but I just can't help it!
2. I own way too many books. This is probably the problem of every book blogger, but even though I get books for free, I still can't help buying them whenever I can. According to my books-I-own shelf on Goodreads, I have 939 books. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I definitely need to get reading if I have any chance of reading all of my books!
3. I'm a cover snob. If a book doesn't have a pretty cover, I'll be very hesitant to read it. If the cover is striking and I absolutely love it, I'll probably read it right away. I can't help it, I love my covers!
4. I am very possessive of my books. I become paranoid even if my own sister borrows a book of mine because I'm afraid I won't get it back in perfect condition. I like my books nice and perfect.
5. I'm obsessed with Half Price Books. I hate buying books full price now and rarely spend ever $5 on a new book.
6. I never read a popular author until they're already popular. I just have too many books that I've never been able to "discover" an author until after they're popular. I owned some John Green books for awhile but didn't get around to reading any of them until I read The Fault in Our Stars last year. I just like knowing an author is good before spending the time to read their book.
7. In the past 3-4 years, I've branched out into so many genres other than YA. Now, I read YA, historical romance, contemporary romance, new adult, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. I love the adult genre and always switch between YA and Adult. It's nice to mix things up so that I never get bored with what I'm reading.
8. I absolutely love New Adult. I don't care if it is or is not its own genre, but I absolutely love books that take place during that time of a person's life. It may be because these books mostly take place in the early 20s, which is my age now, but they're always so good!
9. If I see the movie before reading the book, I most likely won't ever read the book. After seeing the movie, I already know what's going to happen, so that takes the element of surprise and suspense from the experience of reading a book for the first time. That's why I try my hardest to read books before seeing their movies.
10. I totally judge people on what they read. I know I shouldn't, but I do. On the beach, I love seeing if people are reading books that I've read. If I see people reading a book I hated or someone tells me they absolutely loved a book I didn't like, then I definitely scoff at them in my head. I know people like what they like and it's never going to be the same as my taste, but I'm a book snob. Being so obsessed with books, how could I not be?