Wednesday, April 24, 2013

World Book Night 2013


That's right! Tuesday, April 23rd was World Book Night and I was lucky enough to be a giver for the second year in a row. That meant that on Tuesday, I set out with a box of twenty copies of Bossypants by Tina Fey to give out to people in order to spread the love of reading. Here is a list of all of the books that were given out on Tuesday (there were over half a million copies!). I was so excited to get Bossypants this year because I've heard it's an awesome book and I knew it'd be perfect for the college kids I planned on giving the copies away to. 

 
 

On Tuesday, I walked around campus giving away free copies of my book and the people who got a copy were ecstatic! I think the fact that Tina Fey wrote the book and it's a more comical read made the people more open about accepting a copy. Last year, I gave away Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson and people were more hesitant to accept that book than they were this year. Either way, I think that this year was a total success and I'm so happy with how it turned out.

I am so proud to be able to be a giver for this amazing event because there's nothing I love more than spreading the love of reading. Heck, I'm going to be dedicating my life to it as an English teacher, so why not start now? I'm so happy this year's World Book Night turned out as great as it did and I'm already looking forward to next year! 


2 comments:

  1. I just discovered this yesterday and am hoping to be a giver next year! A great idea and I can't wait to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

    Click Here
    Cursosformacion

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...