Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Thought I'd Like More/Less Than I Did


This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like More/Less Than I Did

Oh this happens to me so much. I have completely high expectations for a book and it just falls a little short of what I had bee expecting. It's not that books were bad by any means (well, in most cases), but I had gone in thinking my mind was going to be blown, when it really wasn't. So here are the books I had expected to be amazing but weren't really all that impressive...


1. Easy by Tammara Webber
2. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
3. Uses For Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt


4. Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James
5. Matched by Ally Condie
6. Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith


7. Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti
8. Flirting In Italian by Lauren Henderson
9. Everything I Ever Wanted by Sara Shepard


10. Bumped by Megan McCafferty

13 comments:

  1. I feel like I see Easy on people's love list and on blogger's hate list, it seems to be one or the other. I have had it on my kindle for a while now but just can't seem to pick it up to read it.

    My WOW

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Easy on my kindle since forever ago when it was self-published but I always forget that I own it. I've also had Fallen too Far for a while. You made me a little uneasy about going into them :/ My expectations for both of them are fairly high...
    Sorry they didn't work for you! I hate when that happens.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like all the books on your list are the kind that will either blow you away or leave you wanting more and it's a bummer that it was the latter for you. I don't read much in this genre so I don't think I've read any of these, but great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read Everything We Ever Wanted because I was curious about her adult books. But I haven't heard a lot of good things about it either. I really liked Keep Holding On and Uses for Boys... it's cool to see how people react to books that you've liked/disliked.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about Easy, it wasn't amazing as every one was saying.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to see dissenting opinions about Easy! I haven't read it, but at first it was all glowing reviews, all the time. Same with Abbi Glines' books. I haven't read any of her work so can't really comment, but it seems like most folks love her.

    My TTT post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! everyone is so torn between Easy, Matched and 50 Shades!
    Interesting list!


    Happy Reading!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pah, 50 shades. I read that knowing I'd hate it. Just laughed all the way through lol! Ah well.
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm surprised to have seen Matched on your list... But then again you did say it doesn't mean they are bad per say. I quite enjoyed Matched, but then I didn't really go in with any expectations as such.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also found that Matched didn't live up to my expectations..no real pull to continue the series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im seeing a ton of people that were disappointed in Matched..

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.

    Click Here
    Cursosformacion

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...