Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (173)

This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Last Year's Mistake
By Gina Ciocca
Release Date: June 9, 2015
Summary: 
Before:
Kelsey and David became best friends the summer before freshman year and were inseparable ever after. Until the night a misunderstanding turned Kelsey into the school joke, and everything around her crumbled—including her friendship with David. So when Kelsey's parents decided to move away, she couldn't wait to start over and leave the past behind. Except, David wasn't ready to let her go...

After:
Now it's senior year and Kelsey has a new group of friends, genuine popularity, and a hot boyfriend. Her life is perfect. That is, until David's family moves to town and he shakes up everything. Soon old feelings bubble to the surface and threaten to destroy Kelsey's second chance at happiness. The more time she spends with David, the more she realizes she never truly let him go. And maybe she never wants to.

Told in alternating sections, LAST YEAR'S MISTAKE is a charming and romantic debut about loving, leaving, and letting go.


--------------------------------

Does this sound good or what?? I love love love contemporary YA and this one sounds like it's going to be awesome! And it's by a debut author. I love the idea that David is part of Kelsey's past that she had left to start fresh. Now that she has the life she's always wanted, of course her past catches up to her in the form of the boy that her rocky past had revolved around. I can't wait to see what David and Kelsey's relationship is like and how Kelsey realizes she wasn't really over David after all….

6 comments:

  1. Not going to lie, it's rare that I read contemporary...but this one sounds like it might be a fit for me! Great pick this week! Happy Wednesday!

    MGW WoW

    Diayll @Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick!! This sounds like something I would enjoy. I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/12/waiting-on-wednesday-secrets-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO EXCITED for this book YOU HAVE NO IDEA! I'm a Contemporary lover too and this one is DEFINITELY at the top of my TBR list! :D

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just went up on Edelweiss TODAY! Go get it! I did a happy dance :)

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! Totally new to me, though not my kind of read. Hope you love it though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...