Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (21)



This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 


The Catastrophic History of You and Me
By Jess Rothenberg
Release Date: February 12th
Summary: Dying of a broken heart is just the beginning.... Welcome to forever. 

BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally. 

But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after. 

With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces?



We always hear of people breaking their hearts, but I've never imagined someone literally dying from one. I'm intrigued to see how this happens with Brie and how her family reacts to her dying. I really want to know what the big secret her best friend was keeping from her about Jacob and what the big deal with I'm is. The story of a ghost falling in love with their "guide" is a little cliche, but I've never thought cliche love stories were a bad thing :) The cover is really pretty too, with her body floating kind of ghost-like. This one sounds like a great read, so hopefully I can get my hands on a copy when it comes out! 


30 comments:

  1. Awesome choice! I have this on my list too and I can't wait to read it. Hopefully February will be here before we know it :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh intriguing! I hope it delivers. Thanks for stopping by WildlyRead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've hear some good things about this one already! great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really want to read it too--dying to get my hands on it actually. great pick :)

    check out my WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many great things about this one...Wonderful WOW choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you hear about these books? What a unique idea!! Hope you DO get it early ;)
    -Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cover is pretty but I really like the other one I saw going around. Either way, I know I am going to read this since it sounds amazing. Great choice and thanks for commenting on mine.

    Happy Holidays,
    Sarah
    thestoryseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really interesting, Jessica! I am going to keep my eye out for this one.

    My WOW: http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-sleepwalker-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Catastrophic History of You and Me sounds really great! I thought there was no such thing as a dying of a broken heart, but... LOL. thanks for stopping by my WOW. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a really intriguing book. Adding to my goodreads. =] Thanks for stopping by my WoW. =]
    Michael
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really looking forward to this book, too. Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower, love your blog :)

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-3-lenobias-vow.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read this a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it! Such a great read - fab pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOh nice cover! Heard of this one, but haven't read it. Hope you enjoy it once it releases!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear good things about this one - will definitely pick it up!
    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of this one, but the cover is really appealing to me. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This cover is amazing! I will have to check this one out :)
    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-24-wrecked.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds good, interesting premise that her heart is actually broken, curious as to how that is described/explained.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very cool!!!! thanks for stopping by my WOW.
    New follower ;)

    Tara’s WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally looking forward to this too!! Great pick!

    Fran
    BookChowDown

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so excited about this book! Awesome pick:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so want to read this, can't wait! :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  22. oooh i reaalllllyyyyyyy want to read this book! The cover looks ADORABLE! i just hope i can read this ASAP! Great WOW!

    Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  23. This book sounds really interesting - I think I'll add it to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one of my favorite books I've read this year! Definitely one of the best 2012 debuts I've read, so far! I hope you love it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This sounds so creepy yet good, doesn't it? :)

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just recently added this to my tbr. It does sound interesting, and I wonder how she dies and how her family deals with it.

    Sandra
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hadn't yet heard of this one, but the premise sounds interesting and the cover is sick.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Otherwhere.co

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hope you get the chance to read it. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I haven't heard of this book, but it looks very interesting. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, wow, that sounds so amazing! Love the cover, the description, and the title! Wow! That's really great! Merry Christmas and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...