Thursday, December 29, 2011

Movie Review: 50/50

Summary: Adam is a 27 year old writer of radio programs and is diagnosed with a rare form of spinal cancer. With the help of his best friend, his mother, and a young therapist at the cancer center, Adam learns what and who the most important things in his life are.

Review: I actually did not want to see this movie, but my sister dragged me to the dollar theater to go with her. The reason I didn't want to see it was because I was in the mood for a happy, funny movie, not one that would make me cry. And boy did this one make me cry.

The first half of the movie was funny, revolving around Adam's kind of sad life and his hilarious and strange best friend (Seth Rogen). When the funny parts ended though and Adam realized he had cancer, this movie became a cry fest for both me and my sister. Near the end I was literally covering my mouth so that no one would hear me crying in the back of the theater. Though it was very sad, it was such a good movie! Adam's character was so lovable that the reason I cried was because I liked him so much. Anna Kendrick was awesome as the young, inexperienced therapist and Seth Rogen was the PERFECT person to play the best friend. Basically the entire cast was really great, including the one and only (and very handsome) Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Now I'm not going to give away the ending, but the entire movie was so worth watching, even though I probably looked like a wreck when I walked out of the theater. I don't even know what to think regarding the fact that this movie is based off of a true story, but it definitely reflects an event in life that happens to soooo many people around the world. This movie was so amazing and you should definitely see it, but go in knowing you'll need a few (or a lot) of tissues to get to the end.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I avoided this for the same reason - just sounded too heart-wrenching. You make it sound good, though, maybe I'll try it on dvd. Did you see, or are you planning to see, Young Adult? I did, and I'll be curious to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.


    Girlwiththeheadaches.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urgent problems requiring Cash Advance Guaranteed Approval cover unplanned medical bills or car repair as well as other problems that have arisen unexpectedly won’t wait till you get your salary. And why wait if Loans For People With Bad Credit you are able to solve all problems within 1 business day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...