Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Book Review: Awake At Dawn by C.C. Hunter

Summary: Now that she’s settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, Kylie Galen’s determined to discover the extent of her supernatural abilities.  But with a ghost insisting someone Kylie loves is about die, a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage, and her sixth sense telling her someone is watching her, Kylie’s quest for answers is quickly put on hold. 
To make matters worse, just when she’s about to give her heart to Derek, a half-fairy, he starts pulling away.  When Lucas, a werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past, returns, Kylie’s feels more conflicted than ever. Her weekend with her mom should have been the just the break Kylie needs, but it turns out to be her breaking point.  Someone from the dark side of the supernatural world has plans for Kylie--and it'll take all her resources to get back to Shadow Falls alive...
Review: I was so happy that I didn't have to wait to read this book once I finished the first book, but now that I've finished it I have to wait until April to read the next one. it's going to be hard to wait because this book was SO good. 

Kylie is still figuring out what she is while dealing with her feelings for two very attractive supernatural beings. I have finally decided which of the two guys I like best, but I'll let you guys decide for yourselves when you read this series. There's more mystery, including murders, kidnappings, and unexplainable new powers. From reading emotions and erasing memories, to healing sicknesses and having super strength, it's impossible to get bored when new powers are popping up everywhere. 

The second book in the Shadow Falls series holds much more action and kept me on my toes, especially within the last 50 pages of the book. Kylie's best friends, Miranda and Della, are even more lovable and always have Kylie's back. Holiday and Burnett are still at each other's throats but work together to get the camp to be an official boarding school. After all of the excitement in this book, I can't wait until the next one comes out! And if you haven't read these, do it now so you can finish them in time of the third book coming out!



1 comment:

  1. It was one of my last books of 2011, and It was amazing.
    I decided for Derek, I just can't get myself to like Lucas.
    If she won't have him, then I will.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...