Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (19)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 


I've Got Your Number
By Sophie Kinsella 
Release Date: February 14th 
Summary: I've lost it. The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate Poppy. Stay positive!! 

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry the ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her 'happy ever after' begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring but in the panic that followed, she has now lost her phone. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect! 

Well, perfect except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton doesn't agree. He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life. 

What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents... she soon realises that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.


I love love love Sophie Kinsella's (aka Madeleine Wickham's) books so much, so when I saw that she had a new book coming out in February, I immediately added it to my TBR list. This one sounds like another great contemporary romance, especially the part about Poppy taking Sam's phone and how he won't let her get away with it. It's probably going to have a predictable ending, but I'm a sucker for a good romance, so I know I'm going to love this one too :)

***Don't forget to check out my current giveaway of two copies of Jill Shalvis's Head Over Heals right here***

16 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I love the cover! I just added this to my list on goodreads! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds interesting! Lovely cover!! :) Great pick! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the summary, first time I've heard of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of Sophie Kinsella's books (I know, I fail at life) but this one seems interesting. Pretty cover too. Adding this and her other books on my TBR list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sophie Kinsella!! I didn't know she had another one coming out! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. The cover is also really nice. Thanks for stopping by.

    Andrea
    Cozy Up With A Good Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any Sophie Kinsella's books. I might try this one. ;) Great pick!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of the author before, but I love a good, fun romance!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of it either, but it looks pretty interesting! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this before, but is sounds really cute. Nice pick! Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like such a fun read! I haven't read anything by Sophie yet but I have a few of her books in my TBR pile so that should change soon :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this but it sounds really interesting! Great pick this week!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of Sophie Kinsella's books before, but I know they are good (at least the movies based on them are!) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only read one Sophie Kinsella book and it was cute. This looks like it might be a light-hearted read as well.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds so cute and I'm trying to read more contemps next year. This looks like a good one to add to my TBR list!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...