Monday, August 5, 2019

Book Review: Coming Up Roses by Staci Hart

Coming Up Roses 
by Staci Hart
Release Date: August 1, 2019
Source: Author
Goodreads
Everyone hates parts of their job.

Maybe it’s the paperwork. Maybe it’s the day-to-day grind. Maybe it’s that client who never knows what they want, or the guy who always cooks fish in the microwave.

But not me. I love every corner of the Longbourne Flower Shop, every flower, every petal, every stem. I love the greenhouse, and I love Mrs. Bennet, my boss. I love creating, and I love being a florist. I don’t hate anything at all.

Except for Luke Bennet.

The Bennet brothers have come home to help their mom save the flower shop, and Luke is at the helm. His smile tells a tale of lust, loose and easy. He moves with the grace of a predator, feral and wild. A thing unbridled, without rules or constraint. 

When he comes home to save Longbourne, I almost can’t be mad at him. 

Almost.

He doesn’t remember that night I’ll never forget. That kiss, touched with whiskey and fire. It branded me like a red-hot iron. But it meant nothing to him.

Everyone hates part of their job, and I hate Luke Bennet.
Because if I don’t, I’ll fall in love with him.


*Spinoff of The Austen Series



As a huge Pride and Prejudice fan, I was so excited to see that Staci Hart was writing a book inspired by Lydia Bennet. With this gorgeous cover and the fact that it takes place in a flower shop, I couldn't wait to pick up this book. 

Tess has put her heart and soul into working at the flower shop. She's worked there since high school and feels as if Mrs. Bennet is her family. But when Luke Bennet comes waltzing in, ready to save the shop from going out of business with his siblings, Tess is anything but happy. Luke is used to doing whatever he wants and using his charm to get his way, but he hurt Tess in the past and she's not ready to forgive him that easily. 

I have to say, the whole premise of a family trying to save their floral shop was so stinking cute. I loved how everyone in the Bennet family had their own role and Luke could use his skills from his numerous past jobs to help out. It was fun watching them completely redo the flower shop, which forced Tess and Luke to work together, even though Tess hated him. Luke had such a lively personality and it was nice to see him take something seriously and break down Tess's walls. 

I will say, I'm not a huge fan when malicious people are the thing keeping a couple apart. There as an obviously manipulative character that Luke just kept letting affect his decisions and I was really annoyed. And so was Tess. I think Tess having that conversation with him about that person, though, made it less annoying to me. 

Overall, this was a super adorable romance between two people who definitely had some misconceptions about one another. Their relationship was so sweet and I really hope the rest of the Bennet siblings get their own books!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...