Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Book Review: Welcome to the Dark Side by Giana Darling

Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men #2)
by Giana Darling 
Release Date: April 20, 2018
Source: Kindle Unlimited 
I was a good girl. 
I ate my vegetables, volunteered at the local autism centre and sat in the front pew of church every Sunday.
Then, I got cancer.
What the hell kind of reward was that for a boring life well lived?
I was a seventeen-year-old paradigm of virtue and I was tired of it. 
So, when I finally ran into the man I'd been writing to since he saved my life as a little girl and he offered to show me the dark side of life before I left it for good, I said yes. 
Only, I didn't know that Zeus Garro was the President of The Fallen MC and when you made a deal with a man who is worse than the devil, there was no going back...


This is Daddy Zeus Garro's story from Lessons In Corruption. A standalone in The Fallen Men Series.


I have heard so much hype about this MC series and while I enjoyed the first book, I was SO EXCITED to finally read Zeus's story. I knew there was going to be an age gap, which is a trope I'm super picky about, but I couldn't wait to see if it was going to be as good of a book as I thought it was going to be. 

Ever since he saved her life in a downpour of bullets, Lou has been writing letters to Zeus Garro through all of the trials throughout her life, including going through cancer. Now, Lou is 17 and she's tired of being the good girl who listens to her parents and does no wrong. And what better way to be bad than to finally make herself a part of Zeus's life? Zeus knows his attraction to Lou is wrong, especially considering she's his daughter's age, but he's drawn in by her light and her desire to get to know the dark side she knows he can offer...

Like I said, I am super picky about big age gaps in books, so I wasn't sure how this how going to go, especially since this was such a big age gap. The beginning of this book begins with Lou and Zeus meeting when Lou is a little girl and then continues through her childhood writing letters to Zeus. I really enjoyed this because it was just a friendship between a girl and her savior, with the romantic side not coming up until Lou is 17 and finally meets Zeus in real life again, which is well into this book. I appreciated how loyal Zeus was to his family and how he tried so hard not to like Lou in that way, but couldn't help himself when he saw how mature she was after having gone through cancer and fending for herself in life with a crappy family. And considering Lou wasn't going to take no for an answer, it was no surprise that Zeus eventually gave in to both of their desires. 

While I wasn't satisfied with the action in book one, the action and suspense was spot on with this book. I fell in love with the characters Lou grew closer to, especially the MC members, and I was FREAKING OUT when danger came and they didn't know who they could trust in the club. I loved seeing Cress and King from book one and I am SO READY for Harleigh Rose's book! Like I said, this book had so many lovable characters, as well as a pretty hot romance, and it only made me want even more once I read the last page! 

Every Motorcycle Romance fan NEEEEEDS to pick up this series! While I enjoyed book one, I devoured and was obsessed with this book. Everyone needs Daddy Zeus in their lives!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...