Sunday, July 8, 2018

Book Review: Lessons in Corruption by Giana Darling

Lessons in Corruption 
by Giana Darling
Release Date: December 1, 2017
Source: Kindle Unlimited 
He was eighteen. 
The heir to a notorious, criminal MC. 
And my student. 

There was no way I could get involved. 
No way I could stay involved. 
Then, no way I could get out alive. 

Book One in The Fallen Men series. A standalone.



It's no secret that I love a good motorcycle romance, so when one of my instagram friends recommended this series to me, I went to amazon and immediately downloaded it from KU. 

After finally leaving her husband, Cress finds herself living for herself for the first time. And that means starting a fling with a hot biker she met at the grocery store. Cress is finally giving into the desires she's hidden deep inside of herself, even though her parents are determined to make her see the error in her ways. When Cress realizes that her new student happens to be the biker she's started an intense relationship with, she freaks. Can she really be the kind of woman who breaks all of the rules just to finally be herself? 

I had super high expectations going into this one and, I will say, the beginning was a little slow for me. We got to meet Cress and watch her make new friends with the other teachers at school and slowly learn more about the biker way of life. When we finally got halfway through the story, though, and we got to follow Cress and King more closely as a couple, I really loved this book. I loved how she became friends with people in the gang and really became a part of their family. 

I will say, Cress definitely had a very wishy-washy attitude towards her relationship with King because he was one of her students. It was a little annoying at times how she constantly pulled back with the same excuse, but King was soooo swoon-worthy and did everything he could to show Cress he was serious. Half the time, I forgot that King was 18 years old because he was so mature and had such a big role in the gang. 

I really ended up enjoying this motorcycle romance and I am DYING to read Zues's story (King's dad) in the second book. If you're a motorcycle romance fan who likes their romances on the taboo side, you need to check out Lessons in Corruption!




1 comment:

  1. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Click Here
    Eurogamez.eu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...