Friday, September 2, 2016

Book Review: Paper Princess by Erin Watt

Paper Princess (The Royals #1)
By Erin Watt
Release Date: April 4, 2016
Source: Birthday Gift
From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself.

These Royals will ruin you…

Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone. 

Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.

Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.

He might be right.

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees. 

OH. MY. GOSH. I was prepared to love this book, I really was. Seriously, my BFF Sarah named her cat after the main character of this book, so I knew I was going to love this book. When I finished this book though, I realized I had NO CLUE how much I would love this book. Because I LOVED IT. 

Ella Harper has spent her whole life learning to survive and counting on no one except for herself. So when a man shows up and drags her to his mansion and his five sons who are anything but welcoming to her, Ella wants nothing to do with them. But the man claims to be her birth father's best friend and will do everything to give Ella the future she deserves if she agrees to let him take her under his wing. The Royal sons want Ella gone, but nothing can deter Ella from noticing their insane good looks and charisma, especially Reed Royal. Ella is instantly attracted to Reed and knows that he's nothing but trouble, especially when he's constantly pushing her away, but sometimes you want what you know you can't have…

From the very beginning of this book, I was hooked. I mean, I knew that Ella was going to get together with one of the Royals, but it was so entertaining watching them really shut her out and make her feel as unwelcome as possible. What made it so entertaining was Ella's sass and courage when it came to standing up to anyone who tried to put her down, especially the big bad Royal brothers. Ella was even able to hold her head high and take on the bratty, rich girls at school who tried to put her down. Ella was just such a refreshing protagonist and I loved rooting her on and I was just dying for her and Reed to get together already. 

While I really really loved Ella, the whole cast of characters in this book really sealed the deal with me. I loved Valerie and how Ella was able to find a true friend in a world of fake, rich people. Not to mention all of the Royal brothers were so fun and unique. I'm still not sure what to think of the twins (what the heck was going on with them?!?!), but Easton was definitely one of my favorite characters and I loved the fun relationship he formed with Ella. And I definitely can't forget to mention Reed. What a mystery. He is so undeniably sexy and irresistible, but his whole demeanor is hard to figure out. Why is he so guarded? What secrets is he hiding? I STILL don't know and it's absolutely killing me. 

I was already told to be ready for the cliffhanger this book would leave you on, but I was NOT prepared for that ending. I literally felt my heart start racing and I was SO MAD THAT IT ENDED THAT WAY. Not even five minutes after finishing this book, I hopped onto Amazon and ordered Broken Prince and am counting down the minutes until Amazon Prime drops that book off to me on Saturday. If you haven't yet, you MUST start The Royals series. There are spoiled rich kids, undeniable chemistry, irritable bad boys, lovable characters, and some serious secrets that are just begging to be told. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...