Saturday, August 11, 2012

Book Review: Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Slammed
By Colleen Hoover
Release Date: January 5, 2012
Source: Borrowed from sister
Summary: Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. 

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart. 



Review: I had never heard of this book until my sister told me she bought it for her nook and absolutely loved it. I don't really keep up with ebooks, so I didn't really know what to expect when she lent me her copy on my nook. And you know what? This book was awesome!

Layken moves to Michigan with her mom and brother after her father had died. When she first moves in, Layken can't help but notice her cute new neighbor Will who lives across the street. When her little brother becomes best friends with his little brother, Layken and Will spend more and more time together. But there's a secret that niether of them are expecting, making their relationship seem almost impossible. 

I loved everything about this book, from Layken's relationship with her family to her relationship with WIll. There are suprises around every corner and they make this book so good! I knew those surprises beforehand because my sister told me without realizing that I would read it next...but if you don't know what will happen this book sure is a trip! And I absolutely LOVED the poetry part of it. Layken and Will go to poetry nights at a bar, hence the name "Slammed." It's such a fun twist on a story that any English lover is bound to enjoy! 

Overall, Slammed was a fantastic contemporary romance novel that you can't help but fall in love with! The storyline is so original and deals with real trials and emotions. Once you start this book, you won't want to put it down! I devoured it in one sitting and can't wait to get my hands on the second one! I want more of Will and Layken! Now! But in the meantime, all of you should read this one so that you can understand exactly what I'm talking about :)



2 comments:

  1. It sounds great, and I've been hearing rave reviews from my friends. I need a good contemporary read right now. I'll put this on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently saw this cover- but I haven't heard anything about the book. Your review made me want to read it. I am adding it to my list now! Thanks for sharing. Great review! I love that you loved everything about it~
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...