Thursday, May 31, 2012

Follow My Book Blog Friday (42)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question: You are a matchmaker- your goal, hook up two characters from two of your favorite books. Who would it be? How would you think it'd go? 

Answer: Hmm this is such a hard question!!! I would have to go with.... Tris from Divergent and Gale from Hunger Games. 

  

I freaking love Gale, so I knew I had to find the perfect match for him. In The Hunger Games, I feel like Katniss is just too independent for him and he needs someone who needs him yet can still somewhat take care of herself. I feel like Tris does a pretty good job taking care of herself, but she stills needs someone to be there for her. She's not as completely helpless as Bella in Twilight, but she's not as hardcore as Katniss. She's right in the middle, which is exactly who Gale needs in his life. I haven't read Insurgent yet, so I don't know if she's changed, but the Tris in the first book is who I see as a good fit for Gale! Other than myself that is ;)


***Haha, I definitely mean Tris from Divergent. Not sure why I had written that she was from Wither and had the picture for Divergent...thanks Jessica for pointing it out! All fixed now :)



16 comments:

  1. I could see Tris and Gale as a good match. They're both kind of angsty and aggressive. Poor Four, though - then we'd have to fix him up too!

    New follower via GFC.

    Here's my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love Gale too! I haven't read Divergent but it's in my TBR pile at the moment!

    (Followed via RSS)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I loved Gale in the first book, but I feel like he was too bitter in the third book. Understandable, I suppose, but I ended up liking Peeta more. I would like Gale to be happy though.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking this pairing! Your site is lovely, by the way!
    New follower here, Yay!
    Here's my Match
    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing a lot about Gale today! Gale, Katniss!

    Quick comment, you have the cover for Divergent up yet you mention Tris from Wither. I still have to read Divergent, so I am not sure what's what right now! Just to let you know!

    Still great pick! I like seeing my fave character get a happy ending, even if I have to make it up myself!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. seeing a lot of Simon Lewis(TMI) and Gale(THG) today...but interesting choice

    Old follower

    Here is my FF post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Divergent yet, but I love Gale and like your reasoning.

    New follower. My #FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't read either books - sounds intersting though! New follower :)
    Alexia - My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW :) I think this is an amazing choice I think they would both be great together too! Then maybe Four and Katniss???

    New Follower via GFC!

    Kayla @ Bengal Reads (YA Blog) & Reading On The Wild Side (Adult Blog)

    "Click Here" To view my #FF post for Bengal Reads

    "Click Here" To view my #FF post for Reading On The Wild Side

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gale is one of my choices also.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. It'll be interesting if you still think they work after you read Insurgent (Tris is really different in it). Though they are both really obsessed with sort of overthrowing the system, so that coud work....

    Old Follower and Happy FF! (Don't be offended when you read my mini-Gale bashing =P).

    ReplyDelete
  12. interesting pairing! Poor Gale lol :P
    My FF; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-friday-matchmaker-d.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blog! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the information are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which really should do the trick! Have a nice day! Judi Bola Agen Sbobet Ibcbet

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is among the most vital information for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

    Webwise
    Expeditioner

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Ncusedbooks.ca
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...