Friday, May 4, 2012

Book Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
By Jennifer E. Smith 
Release Date: January 2, 2012
Summary: Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A. 

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


Review: Ever since I first saw the cover of this book, I knew I had to read it. I mean, a book about love at first sight? Could there be anything better? Needless to say, this book captured me before I even read it and held onto me until the end. 

The book starts with Hadley missing her flight to London. The flight that's taking her to her dad's wedding to a woman she's never met before. Hadley can't really handle her life right now, she's fighting with her mom, and now she has to take the next flight to London, which arrives a mere hour before the wedding is scheduled to start. Good thing she just so happens to meet a cute british guy on her new flight. What are the chances? 

Hadley and Oliver spend the entire flight talking and I could not get enough of how cute they were. Oliver is quirky, funny, and just plain old adorable. Not to mention british. Yummm. Not only was he sweet, but everything he did and said in the story made me want to cuddle up on my bed and not stop reading until the book was done. 

This book goes by wayyy too fast and I sort of wish more stuff happened. I'm not sure what, but it ended so fast and I was left wanting more of the story. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for any kind of romance, but this was just the thing I needed to get away from the stresses of my exams and studying 24/7. 

There's really nothing else to say. This book is exactly as it looks; it's an adorable story with even more adorable characters. If you want something to escape to for a day, pick this up! And if you're a hopeless romantic like me, what are you waiting for? You HAVE to read this book :)


5 comments:

  1. Yeah, this is one of those books that deserves a sequel! We only got a beginning, which is fine, but I want more Oliver. PLEASEEEE????

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight" is a must-read, with relatable characters, beautiful, evocative prose, and a reminder that there's magic in ordinary life. This novel left me feeling refreshed and hopeful for what's to come in life, and I highly, highly recommend this book for anyone who needs a little renewal of hope, and faith, to brighten their days.
    LHI One Way Links website

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...