Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Book Review: First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky

First Comes Love
By Katie Kacvinsky 
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Summary: Like his name, Gray is dark and stormy. Dylan, a girl always searching for what’s next, seemingly unable to settle down, is the exact opposite: full of light and life. On the outside, they seem like an unlikely couple. But looks can be deceiving and besides, opposites attract.

What starts as friendship, turns into admiration, respect and caring, until finally these two lone souls find they are truly in love with each other.

But staying in love is not as easy as falling in love. If Dylan and Gray want their love to last, they’re going to have to work at it. And learn that sometimes love means having to say you’re sorry.




Review: I picked up this book from the library because the cover is so enticing. Then, I saw all the other reviews on Goodreads (all raving about this book) and I knew I had to read it as soon as I could. And boy, am I happy I did!

Dylan is honestly one of my favorite characters I've ever read about. She reminds me of Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door in how she just does whatever she wants, but she's even MORE carefree. Dylan doesn't care what anyone says and find beauty in what others walk by every day. When she meets Gray, she's determined to break down his walls and find out what's really going on in his close-off mind. 

Gray has been going through the motions of life after a tragic accident changes his entire family. When he first meets Dylan, he only sees the weird, crazy girl everyone else does and has no desire to spend any time with her. But when Dylan is persistent in being his friend, Gray slowly falls for her. 

I loved watching Dylan and Gray help each other through life and fall in love. Dylan is such a free spirit that it's so hard to watch Gray fall for her when the last thing she wants is to be tied down. Can they make it? Is love enough to really change a person? 

This love story was so sweet and the characters were so unique. Between Dylan's photography and journals and Gray's maybe not-so-past baseball career create a story that's so hard to put down. I never got annoyed with the characters and didn't want this story to end. I would definitely recommend this one to any reader who likes romances with quirky characters and strong emotions. 



1 comment:

  1. Iroids.com
    Information
    Click Here

    You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...