Monday, January 23, 2012

Movie Review: New Year's Eve

Summary: The lives of several couples and singles in New York intertwine over the course of New Year's Eve.


Review: I had no idea how I was going to like this movie because there are people in this cast I love (Zac Efron!!!) and people in this cast I hate (Sarah Jessica Parker). So having such a mix of characters, I don't think I'm that surprised that I though it was just okay.


Yes, I love Zac Efron, but his part of the story was with Michelle Pfeiffer, who is at least 30 years older than him, and she looks so gross and old with scraggly brown hair, so I didn't really like it when his story came up in the movie. He, of course, looked totally amazing. As for the other stories, there were none I found myself really intrigued to watch excpet for maybe Josh Duhamel until I figured out who he actually ends up with. Some of the couples were cheesy while others I just didn't really care about. Jessica Biel's whole story about having her baby be the first born in 2012 to get a prize from the hospital was really just stupid and I got annoyed when the movie cut to her part (which seemed to be a pattern with a lot of the couples). 


So as you can tell, I just didn't really care about a majority of the storylines, which kind of makes it hard to enjoy the movie. It was pretty predictable and when they tried not to be predictable, I really didn't like how they actually made it. With such a packed cast of celebrities, I expected a much better story than what I was given. 



10 comments:

  1. The only movie I've been to lately was "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo." I got hooked on the novels. The movie followed the story in the book quite well. Still, if you have not read the book, some scenes in the movie can be very shocking and hard to watch. A friend of mine went to the movie (and she had not read the book) and she said she just about walked out of the theater. But, she ended up staying and was glad she did. I'll wait for New Years Eve to come on on dvd. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, then I'll definitely lower my expectations. I was looking forward to seeing it but I was worried it would be a little lackluster. Looks like I was right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this movie was sorta lame. My friend forced me to go and I just could not take any of it seriously. I liked Valentines Day though - Thought that the ensemble storyline was pretty awesome.

    ~V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,

    We have just finished a post about new year's eve movie review and synopsis.

    Hope you'll enjoy the post.

    Tom,
    movie-review-synopsis.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Judi Bola Bola Tangkas

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

    Click Here
    My.vienna.at
    Website

    ReplyDelete
  7. We’re Alpha Party rental, and we’ve been providing full options to hire party supplies here in Miami, FL. We are offering chairs and tables, party tent, bounce houses, and dunk tents. Our motive is to make sure that every event is entertaining and memorable for guests and hosts.
    Party equipment rental

    ReplyDelete
  8. Webnado is an information technology solution company and agency, and one-stop-solution for web integrations needs from designing, creation, designing, and embedding to strategic SEO methods will provide exceptional services. we are leading and experts in web development and web services.
    https://webnado.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beyondant is providing you a smoother way to grow your business by networking or simply grow your social following. we create custom digital business cards and increase your business and customer interaction with social distancing. we are dealing with iPhone NFC payment, apple iPhone NFC, android NFC service, and business card digital across the USA.
    https://beyondant.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...