Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Movie Review: Real Steel

Summary: Set in the near future, where robot boxing is a top sport, a struggling promoter feels he's found a champion in a discarded robot. During his hopeful rise to the top, he discovers he has an 11-year-old son who wants to know his father.


Review: I was so so so excited to see this movie after my parents saw it and loved it. So I saw it with some friends at the dollar theater and it was even better than I had expected! I love futuristic/action movies, so this one was definitely my style. 


Hugh Jackman was awesome in this; at first he was an arrogant jerk who only cared about money, but he really manned up once he met his son and finally faced his boxing past. His son was the most adorable 11-year-old I have ever seen, never taking no for an answer. The robots were SO COOL and how they fought each other. It was always a fight to the death and it was really interesting seeing how there were "gamers" behind their boxing moves. One robot had guys with joysticks while others were voice commanded. Though the robots were cool, not much else in the movie was "futuristic." Sure the phones and computers where future-looking, but the cars, buildings, and clothes all looked the same. But I guess that's understandable since the robots were really the big deal of the movie. 


The fights in the movie were so intense that someone in the audience actually started clapping when Atom (Hugh Jackman's robot) actually one a fight. And to be honest, I felt like jumping up and clapping too. So much tension and anticipation was brought to the fights that I actually felt like I was watching a fight that really mattered. This movie was just seriously so awesome and I would recommend seeing it as soon as you can! There's even a little bit of added romance to please the romantics, but not too much to bother the action-lovers. It's perfect for everyone! 


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it. I don't know what I was expecting but it was a little too family feel good movie for me. Luckily, Hugh made it worth watching. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see this movie! I really like Hugh Jackman as an actor, and it seems like it was very different. Thanks for the review...looking forward to seeing it!

    Alexandra~
    http://www.wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this amazing article. For more save huge money while Movie tickets offers, coupons telegram channels you can visit
    online shopping telegram channels
    telegram channels
    telegram group links
    telegram channels list
    telegram join channel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent article it is very impressive and informative puffer jacket content thanks for share us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...