Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (237)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Swear on This Life 
By Renee Carlino
Release Date: August 9, 2016
When a bestselling debut novel from mysterious author J.Colby becomes the literary event of the year, Emiline reads it reluctantly. As an adjunct writing instructor at UC San Diego with her own stalled literary career and a bumpy long-term relationship, Emiline isn’t thrilled to celebrate the accomplishments of a young and gifted writer.

Yet from the very first page, Emiline is entranced by the story of Emerson and Jackson, two childhood best friends who fall in love and dream of a better life beyond the long dirt road that winds through their impoverished town in rural Ohio.

That’s because the novel is patterned on Emiline’s own dark and desperate childhood, which means that “J. Colby” must be Jase: the best friend and first love she hasn’t seen in over a decade. Far from being flattered that he wrote the novel from her perspective, Emiline is furious that he co-opted her painful past and took some dramatic creative liberties with the ending.

The only way she can put her mind at ease is to find and confront “J. Colby,” but is she prepared to learn the truth behind the fiction?
 

-------------------------------------

Ahhhhh, how amazing does this book sound? I love how there is writing involved and how Emiline reads a book that ends up being the story of her own childhood. I can only imagine what's going to happen when she confronts the man who wrote the novel and who was so important to her in her childhood. This is going to be amazing! I can't wait! 

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I do hope you thoroughly enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds really interesting! I'll have to add it to my tbr. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.
    Tanko119.jp
    Gh-magokoro.jp
    Cesi666.de

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...