Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Book Review: Bad Influence by Charleigh Rose

Bad Influence (Bad Love #3)
by Charleigh Rose
Release Date: June 12, 2019
Source: Author
Allie

When I moved to River’s Edge, dating was the last thing on my mind. 
I definitely didn’t expect to fall for him. 
Jesse Shepherd. 
Popular. Star athlete. Cocky as hell. 
You know the type.
But as time passed, I realized there was more lurking beneath that gorgeous exterior.
Secretive. Angry. A little bit broken.
The more I peeled back his layers, the deeper I fell. 
Until I slammed headfirst into his sea of lies.


Jess

I blew my shot. 
Pissed everything away—college, lacrosse, my future—only to end up right back where I started in River’s Edge. 
I was content to revel in my misery, spending my days drowning in a bottomless pit of booze and girls.
Until I saw her
Allison Parrish. 
Beautiful. Sarcastic. Perpetual bad attitude. 
The pretty little distraction from the shit show that was my life. 
But the sins of my past were closing in on me, and I learned the hard way that nothing gold can stay.


Charleigh Rose is one of my auto-buy authors; she releases a book, I'm going to read it. I was very excited that Jesse was getting a book and I couldn't wait to have it in my hands! 

All Allie wants to do is finish school and figure out what she wants to do with her life. Ever since her dad died, it's been hard to move on. When Jesse enters her life, Allie knows he's bad news. But when she starts working for his sister, it's pretty hard to ignore him. Jesse is intrigued by Allie, especially since the rest of his life is going down in flames. He's tired of being a disappointment and his past has told him nothing good ever lasts, so will Allie really last or will she slip through his fingers? 

From the moment Allie and Jess meet, I love how cocky and annoying Jess is. There's nothing better than a bad boy in a new adult novel and that's exactly what Jess is. Allie, on the other hand, is just trying to figure out her life and try to figure out her future. It was fun watching her and Jess dance around each other and tease each other. 

While the romance was fun, I will say that this book dragged just a bit and I was not at all a fan of Jess's big "secret" he was hiding from Allie. I felt like, at this point in the publishing world, that was a cliche and I was disappointed it wasn't something more exciting or surprising. I was happy, though, that we got to see the characters we love from Bad Intentions! 

In the end, this was a fun read that had a very entertaining romance. There was a lot of back and forth and angst and I was definitely a fan! While some parts dragged, I enjoyed the book overall!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...