Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (202)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 

A Step Toward Falling
By Cammie McGovern
Release Date: October 6, 2015
Summary: Cammie McGovern follows up her breakout young adult debut, Say What You Will, with this powerful and unforgettable novel about learning from your mistakes, and learning to forgive. Told in alternating points of view, A Step Toward Falling is a poignant, hopeful, and altogether stunning work that will appeal to fans of Jennifer Nevin, Robyn Schneider, and Jandy Nelson.

Emily has always been the kind of girl who tries to do the right thing—until one night when she does the worst thing possible. She sees Belinda, a classmate with developmental disabilities, being attacked. Inexplicably, she does nothing at all.

Belinda, however, manages to save herself. When their high school finds out what happened, Emily and Lucas, a football player who was also there that night, are required to perform community service at a center for disabled people. Soon, Lucas and Emily begin to feel like maybe they're starting to make a real difference. Like they would be able to do the right thing if they could do that night all over again. But can they do anything that will actually help the one person they hurt the most?


----------------------------------

I haven't read Cammie McGovern's debut novel, but her upcoming release definitely sounds like a book I have to read. While this one covers some more serious topics, such as bullying, I am very intrigued by Emily and Lucas's relationship and how they learn more about themselves as they perform community service. I'm interested to see how Emily and Lucas try to change who they are as people and find a way to make up for what they did. 

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very interesting book to read. Thanks for sharing! :)


    Please check out my blog, if you like

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Say What You Will either but this one sounds really interesting. I'm hoping to check it out, though I'm a little worried that it will be super sad and I don't always like those kind of contemps. Great pick!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful! I'm definitely looking forward to it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to the release of this one too! I adore the cover.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...this one sounds interesting. I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the author's other book either, but I'm very curious about this book! Definitely reading this one! Great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the first Cammie McGovern series, but I'm not digging this one's synopsis. I hope you get to read this soon though. Happy reading! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Most recent post: ARC Review: Magonia by Maria Headley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...