Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (201)

This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 

Dream Things True 
By Marie Marquardt 
Release Date: September 1, 2015
Summary: A modern-day Romeo and Juliet story in which a wealthy Southern boy falls in love with an undocumented Mexican girl and together they face perils in their hostile Georgia town.

Evan, a soccer star and the nephew of a conservative Southern Senator, has never wanted for much -- except a functional family. Alma has lived in Georgia since she was two-years-old, excels in school, and has a large, warm Mexican family. Never mind their differences, the two fall in love, and they fall hard. But when ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) begins raids on their town, Alma knows that she needs to tell Evan her secret. There's too much at stake. But how to tell her country-club boyfriend that she’s an undocumented immigrant? That her whole family and most of her friends live in the country without permission. What follows is a beautiful, nuanced, well-paced exploration of the complications of immigration, young love, defying one’s family, and facing a tangled bureaucracy that threatens to completely upend two young lives.


------------------------------------

First off, I am obsessed with this cover. The colors are just so eye-catching and I know that if I saw this in a bookstore, I would not be able to resist. I am also intrigued by this book because it's described as a modern-day Romeo and Juliet. Ummm, I love Romeo and Juliet. So yes please! Then, add on that the guy is a soccer star and the girl is Mexican and an undocumented immigrant. Talk about drama and forbidden love. Seriously, I need this book now!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds fantastic! I can't wait to get my hands on it. There's been a lot of buzz surrounding this one, too. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover so much! Great pick, I also can't wait to read this one!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a new to me one! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is gorgeous!! And I am all for Romeo and Juliet type couples so I am definitely adding Dream Things True to Goodreads :) Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...