Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Review: Coloring Books!


When I was offered the chance to review some fun coloring books for adults, I couldn't say no. I used to love drawing in more geometric coloring books when I was younger, so I knew that I would love these! 


I was sent a copy of The Art of Nature Coloring Book and Stress Less Coloring: Mosaic Patterns to review and I definitely have two very different opinions of these guys. First, I knew that I would love the mosaic patterns. They're so easy to color and have such fun patterns! 


Here are some pages from the Mosaic Patterns coloring book and they're just so fun! There is so much detail and it's definitely something I can spend some time concentrating on and getting creative with. These are definitely more colored pencil coloring books, which I love. 


The Nature coloring book, on the other hand, was confusing to me. The pictures are already shaded, so I'm not really sure how to color them…and when I do color them, I just use one color for the picture. Like the first flower picture. I would color the petals the same color and maybe do a different color for the center and the stem. And the tree in the middle picture? I'd color it brown…that's it. So I wasn't as excited about the Nature book as I was for the Mosaic book. 

I still think that it's awesome to have coloring books for adults. I love coloring (I work at a daycare during the summer and get to color Frozen pictures and it's awesome), so I loved being able to color again with these books. I do prefer the Mosaic over the Nature book, but it really does depend on what you prefer. If you want to try them out, go ahead and click on the links below! 



***I was sent these books for review, but all opinions are my own

3 comments:

  1. I WANT! I have been wanting to get one of these so much and you've definitely convinced me

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of a sudden there seems to be a trend for these! I just got one for my partner with Celtic patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely see how the book with the pictures already shaded would be more difficult to color. I'm sorry that one was a bit of a bummer for you.

    I just ordered some similar books for myself and have started coloring in them. I'm not a fan of the first few that I ordered, but I'm hoping to get some more. I'm planning on getting one with 'love' patterns for my husband and I to color in together for our upcoming wedding anniversary. It's our first, which is paper, so I thought it would be a fun project to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...