Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Last Books That Came Into My Possession


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 

A Step Toward Falling
By Cammie McGovern
Release Date: October 6, 2015
Summary: Cammie McGovern follows up her breakout young adult debut, Say What You Will, with this powerful and unforgettable novel about learning from your mistakes, and learning to forgive. Told in alternating points of view, A Step Toward Falling is a poignant, hopeful, and altogether stunning work that will appeal to fans of Jennifer Nevin, Robyn Schneider, and Jandy Nelson.

Emily has always been the kind of girl who tries to do the right thing—until one night when she does the worst thing possible. She sees Belinda, a classmate with developmental disabilities, being attacked. Inexplicably, she does nothing at all.

Belinda, however, manages to save herself. When their high school finds out what happened, Emily and Lucas, a football player who was also there that night, are required to perform community service at a center for disabled people. Soon, Lucas and Emily begin to feel like maybe they're starting to make a real difference. Like they would be able to do the right thing if they could do that night all over again. But can they do anything that will actually help the one person they hurt the most?


----------------------------------

I haven't read Cammie McGovern's debut novel, but her upcoming release definitely sounds like a book I have to read. While this one covers some more serious topics, such as bullying, I am very intrigued by Emily and Lucas's relationship and how they learn more about themselves as they perform community service. I'm interested to see how Emily and Lucas try to change who they are as people and find a way to make up for what they did. 

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh I see several familiar titles here! I've never read a KMM book, but now that I've just discovered I love historical romance, I think I need to add her to my list. I have All Wound Up, Strong Enough and Bourbon Kings for review and, of course, I LOVE any and all things Christina Lauren. Will is delightful! I hope you enjoy all these!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved To Tame a Highland Warrior and can't wait to read The Bourbon Kings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why We Broke up sounds awesome and has now been added to my ever growing TBR list. Happy readings :)

    My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-HX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection! A Step Towards Falling sounds really good!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing lots of mixed reviews for Why We Broke Up and I can't wait to see what you think of it. Happy reading! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Most recent post: July TBR Pile

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...