Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Dealing With Tough Subjects


This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects

Oh boy, this is pretty much the opposite of last week's topic (light and fun books)! I typically don't read that many books that make me sad, which is what books on tough subjects do to me. But I'll do my best! Don't be surprised by all the Nicholas Sparks books that make the list, seeing as those are pretty much the only books I read that actually make me cry. So here it goes!


1. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
2. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
3. In Honor by Jessi Kirby


4. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
5. Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
6. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby



7. Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
8. How I Lost You by Janet Gurtler
9. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks


10. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles

6 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Golden by Jessi Kirby about a week ago and loved it, so I'm definitely picking up In Honor. Playing Hurt looks interesting, too. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicholas Spark books are heartbreakers!!! A Walk to Remember and The Notebook were hard to read... so sad and beautiful!! Sarah Dessen also writes awesome issue books... cool list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read many of these books, but you have a great list!

    Here's my TTT post.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Nicholas Sparks overload here :) But I like it. As summer's nearly here, I'd be ready to take some of your recommendations with me on train rides or to the beach. Also, I loved The Last Song so much!! Someone Like You was a great novel, as well and In Honor I've wanted to read last summer but never got to it - will try to make it happen this year, though :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I remember Someone Like you. Teen pregnancy is a tough subject :(

    Here ismy TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Honor, I want to read that one! Great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...