Thursday, April 4, 2013

Follow My Book Blog Friday (83)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question: Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate-?Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that? 

Answer: I never go into a book thinking I'm going to hate it. I have SO MANY books on my TBR list, both for pleasure and for review, that I seriously don't have time to read a book I think I won't like. Haha, sorry for such a boring answer but if my sister, my friends, or other blogs really hate a book, I'd rather spend my time reading something I'm pretty sure I'll like than reading something I know others have hated. 

10 comments:

  1. I feel the same way, I usually pick books that I know I'm going to like :)
    Here's My FF


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a book generates enough word of mouth, I will often give it a try even I wasn't initially interested.

    My FFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting to think something similiar to that, but at the same time.. Disliking a book doesn't equal not enjoying it, just as enjoying a book doesn't equal liking it. I often read books I know I'll dislike, because they still are entertaining. It's a horrible habit, tbh. XD

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here. I usually go with my gut--however, every now and then, the hype may sway me to go for a book I wouldn't usually consider. Love your background!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good answer! And I am seeing it a lot! I have an answer because this was before I actually had a TBR pile!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't really hate books. hehe. But you can't read them all. So, I prioritize those that will cheer me up.=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually don't read those books either, but I try them anyways sometimes. :P
    New GFC Follower!
    My FF: http://bookaddictbieke.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also like that, I wouldn't start a book that I thought I would hate, because what's the use of reading a book you think your going to hate when you can read a book you know you'll love.
    Old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/friday-56-26-feature-friday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel the same way. I tend to read novels that interest me.

    Have a great weekend
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what you mean. My TBR list is way too long to waste time reading books that I'm sure I'll hate. That being said, I'm willing to try a story that's out of the ordinary for me if it comes recommended by someone whose opinion I trust.

    New follower:)
    http://erinlfunk.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...