Sunday, April 14, 2013

Book Review: Fever by Maya Banks

Fever
By Maya Banks
Release Date: April 2, 2013
Source: Publisher
Summary: Jace, Ash, and Gabe: three of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the country. They’re accustomed to getting anything they want. Anything at all. For Jace, it’s a woman whose allure takes him completely by surprise...

Jace Crestwell, Ash McIntyre, and Gabe Hamilton have been best friends and successful business partners for years. They’re powerful, they’re imposing, they’re irresistibly sexy, and Jace and Ash share everything—including their women.

When they meet Bethany, Jace begins to feel things he’s never experienced before: jealousy, and a powerful obsession that threatens him, overwhelms him—and excites him beyond control.

Jace isn’t sharing Bethany—with anyone. He’s determined to be the only man in her life, and it’s jeopardizing a lifelong friendship with Ash. Bethany will be his and his alone. Even if it means turning his back on his best friend.


Review: After reading Rush, the first book in this Breathless trilogy, I wasn't all too impressed. I wasn't that big of a fan of Gabe and his relationship with Mia just was not my cup of tea. So I had some reservations going into this book. I guess all I was missing was the perfect man because I absolutely loved Jace's story!

Jace, Gabe, and Ash have been best friends and business partners for over 20 years. They're all incredibly rich, gorgeous men who are used to getting exactly what they want, especially when it comes to their women. But when Jace first lays eyes on Bethany, he's a complete goner. Living on the streets with her brother Jack, Bethany is used to taking care of herself. So when Jace decides he wants her, she doesn't know if she can give herself over to such a powerful man who won't stop until he gets what he wants. How can she completely trust such a dangerous man who she's only just met? 

From when Jace first lays eyes on Bethany, I knew I was going to just love their story. There was instant chemistry and Jace's overprotective nature completely made sense, where Gabe's was just annoying in the first book. Bethany was such a great girl for Jace. Not to mention her need to protect Jack and prove she can take care of herself are qualities that make her so likable. I never got annoyed with either of the characters and loved the chemistry they had all throughout the book. 

They way these three men are such playboys and gradually find women to tie them down is so sweet and I love watching them discover how to love one woman. Jace's need (well, practically obsession) to protect and provide for Bethany is so cute and I wish I had a man like him who wanted to shop and cook for me 24/7. Jace is by far my favorite of these three delicious men, but I've got to say I'm really excited to see Ash's story when it comes out in August. That's right, I'm definitely making sure I get to read the last book of this series. The first book may have been okay, but Fever definitely makes up for it! With a great guy and a strong girl who needs a man but is too stubborn to admit it, Fever gives you a hot romance that leaves you begging for more.



1 comment:

  1. This is a great review. I haven't read the first one of the series, but I'm considering just skipping it and starting with this one. First of all, the name Jace is amazing. Secondly, the sharing between he and Ash reminds me of the movie Savages (which I disliked), but your review makes me really want to check this out. Great thoughts. The finding a woman on the streets thing also reminds me of Pretty Woman.
    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...