Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Book Review: How to Love a Duke in Ten Days by Kerrigan Byrne

How to Love a Duke in Ten Days (Devil You Know #1)
by Kerrigan Byrne 
Release Date: August 27, 2019
Source: Publisher
These men are dark, bold, and brave. And there is only one woman who can bring them to their knees...

Famed and brilliant, Lady Alexandra Lane has always known how to look out for to herself. But nobody would ever expect that she has darkness in her past—one that she pays a blackmailer to keep buried. Now, with her family nearing bankruptcy, Alexandra strikes upon a solution: Get married to one of the empire’s most wealthy eligible bachelors. Even if he does have the reputation of a devil.

LOVE TAKES NO PRISONERS

Piers Gedrick Atherton, the Duke of Redmayne, is seeking revenge and the first step is securing a bride. Winning a lady’s hand is not so easy, however, for a man known as the Terror of Torcliff. Then, Alexandra enters his life like a bolt of lightning. When she proposes marriage, Piers knows that, like him, trouble haunts her footsteps. But her gentleness, sharp wit, independent nature, and incredible beauty awakens every fierce desire within him. He will do whatever it takes to keep her safe in his arms.
 


Ever since I read The Highwayman a few months ago and LOVED it, I have been dying to read another Kerrigan Byrne book. When I received an ARC of this from the publisher, I about died from excitement and dove right in! 

After the most horrific night of her life, Lady Alexandra Lane makes a pack with her best friends to always be there for each other and keep each other's secrets no matter what. Now, a blackmailer is after her money and Alexandra's only option is to find a man to protect her. The Duke of Redmayne needs a bride, so when Alexandra offers her hand, he knows he can't refuse. The more time the two spend together after their marriage, the more they start to genuinely like each other...

When this book started, I absolutely loved Alexandra's relationship with her best friends. They were so fiercely loyal and went through so much together. Even when Alexandra decided she had to get married to protect herself, they were there for her. Then, once she married Piers, I loved how Alexandra and her new husband challenged each other and how Alexandra showed him just how fierce and intelligent she was. 

While the middle did lull a bit, I enjoyed following Piers and Alexandra on their honeymoon and how Alexandra was still determined to keep her secrets from him. There was even some suspense thrown in at the end and I loved how protective Piers was when it came to his new wife. 


Overall, this was another great read from Kerrigan Byrne. She has easily become one of my new historical romance authors and I can't wait to read even more from her!




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you will bbe a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will eventually come back from now on. I want to encourage continue your great job

    Invest Media
    Golden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulls stink. Glad it still worked overall though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this post, that is the good information for me. I search a lot of time for the topic you made. but don’t collect any good information for that. I am very happy because I’m so glad to get it. honest to say Actually it’s good for me. If you need more please visit our page : south london driving school

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...