Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Book Review: Praying for Rain by BB Easton

Praying for Rain (Praying for Rain #1)
by BB Easton
Release Date: April 11, 2019
Source: Author
With only three days left until the predicted apocalypse, the small town of Franklin Springs, Georgia, has become a wasteland of abandoned cars, abandoned homes, abandoned businesses, and abandoned people. People like Rainbow Williams. 

Rain isn’t afraid of dying. In fact, she’s looking forward to it. If she can just outrun her pain until April 23, she’ll never have to feel it at all. 

Wes Parker has survived every horrible thing this life has thrown at him with nothing more than his resourcefulness and disarming good looks. Why should the end of the world be any different? All he needs are some basic supplies, shelter, and a sucker willing to help him out, which is exactly what he finds when he returns to his hometown of Franklin Springs.

As society crumbles, dangers mount, and secrets refuse to stay buried, two lost souls are thrust together in a twist of fate—one who will do anything to survive and one who can’t wait to die. 

Perhaps, together, they can learn how to live.

Before their time runs out.


Honestly, the only reason I read this book is because I read my first BB Easton book last month and loved it. When I saw this book, I didn't even look at this synopsis. I went in blind and was BLOWN AWAY. 

In three days, the world is going to end. Rain is biding her time at home, trying to get through each day until the end. Until Wes Parker falls into her life. Wes knows he's going to survive the end of the world. But when he runs into Rain, all of his survival plans find themselves changing...

I love how so many authors are branching out from the typical contemporary novel. This book is a pre-apocolyptic survival romance and I WAS LIVING FOR IT. From the beginning, I really loved Rain's character. She was just trying to live day by day until it all changed when she ran into Wes. Their relationship was so fun from the start and I loved their chemistry that they were both trying to avoid. This was definitely a slow burn as the two were trying not to make romantic connections when the world was going to end so soon. And Wes was determined to survive. 

Since this is a survival story, there were so many instance where I didn't know what was going to happen next or how Wes and Rain were going to get out of a situation. I ended up flying through this book in one day because I literally couldn't put it down. I was obsessed with Wes and how much he found himself caring for Rain when he really didn't want to. AND THAT ENDING. There were so many twists and turns that I didn't see coming and I just couldn't process the end. What's going to happen next!?!

If you want a fresh, unique romance that will keep you on your toes, you have to pick up Praying for Rain. The romance will make you swoon and you won't see what's coming next!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...