Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (175)

 
This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

The First to Know
By Abigail Johnson
Release Date: November 7, 2017
Don't miss the second gripping and heartfelt story from the author of If I Fix You! A girl's plan to find her father's birth family turns potentially devastating when the secret DNA test she has done reveals that she has a half brother her age she never knew about. 

Dana Fields's father never knew his parents. When Dana secretly does a DNA test for her dad, hoping to find him some distant relatives for his birthday, her entire world implodes. Instead of a few third cousins, Dana discovers a half brother her age whose very existence means her parents' happy marriage is a lie. 

Dana's desire to know her half brother, Brandon, and the extent of her dad's deception, clashes with her wish not to destroy her family. When she sees the opportunity to get to know Brandon through his cousin, the intense yet kind Chase, she takes it. But the more she finds out about Brandon, her father's past and the irresistible guy who'll never forgive her if he discovers the truth, the more she sees the inevitable fallout from her own lies. With her family crumbling around her, Dana must own up to her actions and find a way to heal the breach—for everyone—before they're torn apart for good.


--------------------------------

I absolutely loved If I Fix You, Abigail's debut novel, and I flipped when I saw that she had a new book coming out this year. Her book was so emotional and this one looks like it's going to have all the feels as well! It sounds like Dana discovers so many secrets about her life and she changes as she learns more and more. And the fact that the love interest is described as "intense yet kind" has me NEEDING THIS BOOK. I cannot wait until The First to Know comes out!!

3 comments:

  1. Totally new to me one! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this cover around but never read the synopsis. It sounds pretty good, not sure if I'll get to reading it, but I hope you love it when you read it.
    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got the chance to read If I Fix You! I remember it though because the cover is so stunning. This one is new to me! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Jessica. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...