Friday, March 31, 2017

Book Review: This is Love by Kennedy Fox

This is Love (The Checkmate Duet #2)
By Kennedy Fox
Release Date: December 13, 2016
Source: Author
Viola Fisher is the epitome of perfection.
She despises my one-night stands and mocks my less-than-classy habits.
She’s smart, beautiful, and too good to be true.
And I want her.

If she were anyone else, I’d have made my move years ago, but considering she’s my best friend’s little sister, she’s always been off-limits. Not to mention how much she loathes my very existence. 

Hating me is her religion, but needing her is mine. Her sexy curves and filthy smart mouth make me want her even more, and I’m more determined than ever to change her mind. 

I’ll prove I’m done playing games.
But until then, we’ll continue to play by her rules.
Viola Fisher may have won the battle, but the war isn’t over yet.

Checkmate, princess.



After that cliffhanger at the end of the first book, I was dying to get my hands on this one. I loved watching Travis and Viola go from bickering enemies to FINALLY giving into the intense chemistry between them. After the ending of the first book, I had to figure out what was going to happen to this couple! 

Viola Fischer and Travis King are complete opposites. Viola is working towards graduating with perfect grades and figuring out what she wants to do with her life after school. Travis is used to girls coming and going out of his room and rubbing it in Viola's face just to get a rise out of her. Travis has had a taste of what it's like to have Viola, though, and wants more, even if she is his best friend's little sister. Travis will do anything to show Viola he is serious about her and how he can't face a life without her. 

Since this is the second book to this duet, I can't talk about too much without giving anything away, but I can still swoon over Viola and Travis! Travis is such a fun character and I loved their banter in book one. In this book, they still like to push each other's buttons and Travis is his own crass, entertaining self. These two show so much growth in this book, both together and individually, and I loved watching them discover what they really wanted out of their lives. 

While I did love the chemistry and fun relationship Viola and Travis had, I did have some issues with the pacing. Moments of time were skipped over to move the plot along and I felt like some things dragged while others needed more time to flesh out. Other than that, though, I really enjoyed the conclusion to Viola and Travis's story! If anything, it made me even more excited for the next book in this series! I adored Courtney's character and I am DYING for her and Drew to get together. You can bet I'm picking up Checkmate: This is Reckless ASAP! 

Overall, Kennedy Fox has delivered another fun, sexy, and addicting romance. There were laugh out loud moments and you can't help but root for Travis and Viola to find a way to be together. This is definitely a steamier read and you'll find yourself begging for more when you're done!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...