Monday, October 6, 2014

The TBR Tag


I have been seeing this tag all over the blogosphere lately and thought it sounded super fun! This tag was created by Rachel from A Perfection Called Books and Dana from Dana Square and Kelly over at Effortlessly Reading posted about it yesterday and tagged anyone who wanted to take part in the fun.  I decided to take up her offer and talk about my TBR pile. Here we go! 

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
Like everyone else, I do have a TBR list on Goodreads, but I never use that to keep track of my actual TBR list that I am going to choose books from for my next read. At home, I have a bookshelf dedicated to the books I haven't yet read and really should soon read, most of which I have received for review. At school, I only bring books with me that I have to read or really really want to read but probably won't have time to. This makes it a lot easier for me to pick a book that I have to read next because it's a much more limited selection than I have at home. Oh, and I normally select a stack of books at the beginning of each month that I try to make a priority to read that month. Here's my TBR pile for October…hopefully I can read all of these and more that are waiting on my shelf!


I really should use a spreadsheet or other type of document to keep exact track of books I have to read for review, but that just seems like so much work for something I know I probably won't follow…you just can't plan reading that far ahead! Who knows what book I'll be in the mood for to read next? 

Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?
Definitely print! I think I only have two ebooks currently at the top of my TBR pile because I prefer reading the actual book and seeing it in the "done" pile on my bookshelf. 

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
I have a calendar on my computer that is strictly for my blog, so if I have a review scheduled with a publisher coming up, then I'll pick that book up. If not, then I'll pick up a book that is releasing soon or has just been released that publishers have sent me. Sometimes if I've read 3-4 review books in a row, I'll pick up a book that I've been dying to read, whether on my shelf or from the library, and then go back to reading more review books. I don't think I'll ever be able to read all of the books I've received for review…and while it makes me anxious, I've learned that it's not the end of the world, especially when a lot are books that I'm not obligated to review. I just hate leaving books unread! 

A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest?
When I joined Goodreads back on January 20, 2011, The Devil Wears Prada by Laura Weisberger was one of the very first books I added to my to-read list. 3 1/2 years later and I still haven't read it! 

A book that you recently added to your TBR pile?
One of my Goodreads friends just finished reading Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout and I hadn't even realized it had come out! I've read books 1-3 in the Lux series but haven't gotten to the fourth or this one, which is the fifth. It's a great series, so I definitely have some catching up to do!

A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover:
Haha, this is the reason that I have so many books on my TBR list on Goodreads…all of the gorgeous covers! I definitely love the covers of Fin & LadyHow to Deal With Gravity, and Blue Notes

A book on your TBR that you NEVER plan on actually reading:
Any of The Vampire Diaries books. While I loved the show when I watched it (I think I stopped after season 4), I don't think I would be able to read the books because I doubt they could live up to how awesome the show was…

An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for:
Oh, there are a ton of books that I'm excited for, but if I had to choose one it'd have to be Confess by Colleen Hoover. Why is March so far away??

A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you:
No one has personally recommended it to me, but I've been seeing review after review absolutely praising I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.

A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you:
Especially with the second book just being released, I feel like everyone has read The 5th Wave except for me. I just haven't had the time, but I've heard it's an awesome read!

A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read:
There are so many! How can I possibly pick just one? I'm dying to read The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord, Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross,  Keep Me Safe by Maya Banks, Night Owl by M Pierce, Rites of Passage by Joy N Hensley, Wildlife by Fiona Wood and SO MANY MORE. 

The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
1, 638. But I know there are overlappings with books I've actually read where I marked a different edition as read than what I had marked as to-read. But still, I am way too click happy when it comes to adding books on Goodreads. Who can blame me, though? There are so many books out there that are just begging me to read them


And that's all about my TBR pile! Now I tag anyone who wants to join in on the fun! I'd love to hear all about your TBR habits and know I'm not the only one with a massive TBR pile that just grows and grows and grows...

2 comments:

  1. I want to read the 5th Wave so bad; what a fun tag! Maybe I'll join in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the reasons I prefer Print to E-books because it's just more satisfying to physically close the book when you're done and then putting it on your "read" shelf or with the rest of the series.

    I haven't read the 5th Wave either even though so many people recommend it to me. It seems everyone who has read it has loved it. So I want to get to that one soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...