Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (154)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

For Real
By Alison Cherry 
Release Date: December 9, 2014
Summary: No parents. No limits. No clue what they're in for.

Shy, cautious Claire has always been in her confident older sister's shadow. While Miranda's life is jam-packed with exciting people and whirlwind adventures, Claire gets her thrills vicariously by watching people live large on reality TV.

When Miranda discovers her boyfriend, Samir, cheating on her just before her college graduation, it's Claire who comes up with the perfect plan. They'll outshine Miranda's fame-obsessed ex while having an amazing summer by competing on Around the World, a race around the globe for a million bucks. Revenge + sisterly bonding = awesome.

But the show has a twist, and Claire is stunned to find herself in the middle of a reality-show romance that may or may not be just for the cameras. This summer could end up being the highlight of her life... or an epic fail forever captured on film. In a world where drama is currency and manipulation is standard, how can you tell what's for real?


--------------------------------------

Finally, a book about sisters! I feel like I rarely read a book that revolves around the relationship of sisters that is realistic and relatable to me, so Alison Cherry's newest release definitely caught my attention. Claire sounds like someone I can totally relate to, so I'm excited to see how she deals with the twist the show throws her way. There also seems to be a hint of romance for Claire, which I'm definitely a fan of. Hopefully this one turns out as good as the summary makes it out to be! 

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard about this one before but it really does sound quite good!
    And though I don't normally like covers with people on them (at least when they're facing the camera) I don't mind this one :)
    Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Real is new to me, it sounds really cute! It is awesome to see a book about sisters. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out, will definitely give it a go! Great pick, and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun read. I love books with humor in them. Hope you enjoy it.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it could be a great one for our high school library...hmmm...I'm always looking for a good contemporary. I'll have to grab it up I think for that libby! Thanks for the share!
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds amazing! I can't believe I haven't head of it before. Thank you so much for sharing :)
    Here's my W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks so goooood! I can tell it's going to be a fun read :)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun read, not necessarily my kind of read but who knows ;)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...